iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sterilization Cycle Really Works

Started by YellowHammer, November 04, 2013, 11:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

I was removing a load of oak from the kiln tonight and found this critter had been cooked into mush. Since I move everything by palletized loads, it must have found a nice cozy spot in my stickered lumber and hitched a ride into the kiln.  I guess the sterilization cycle really works...
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

mikeb1079

please come cook the mice in my stacks too please   :D :D
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

Axe Handle Hound

I know there aren't too many fans of snakes on this forum, but that's just an unpleasant way to go.  What kind of a snake was it?

kderby

I had a little rabbit go into the kiln inside a stack of slabs.  I could see him in there.  My dog was trying to get him and going nutzo! 

I left the kiln door open overnight so the bunny could wander off. 

Lucky bunny, he did move out and did not get cooked.

Better for all involved.  That would be an ugly way to die.

kderby ;D

Den Socling

We have a shop cat that wanders around here. I have seen him inside vacuum kilns. Heaven forbid him ever being caught inside. That would be truly ugly.

YellowHammer

I'm not much of a snake person but with the black and white bands I believe it was a decent sized king snake, which is a shame because they eat a lot of other animals I don't want in my lumber stacks.  We don't see many snakes around our farm because the cows, so we were very surprised to find this one, especially one this big.  Its the first, and hopefully last time this happens.  I can still smell the remains in the kiln, not pleasant.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WDH

I have also had snakes in the sticker stacks.  Mice like to nest in the sticker stacks, as the evaporating water cools the air in the stack, and in the summer down here, cool is good.  Very good. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!