iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lucas 2 cycle

Started by cuterz, August 25, 2012, 11:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuterz

Hello new here has anyone used lucas 2 cycle? Seems to have all the ratings egd fd thanks for any input. splitwood_smiley

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

cuterz

No I dont think so its semi syn clear bottle blue die with red 2 cycle circle logo. Cant post pic fire_smiley

mad murdock

I have not used their 2 cycle oil, I have used their other products( engine oil additive, gear oil), if it like their other products, I am confident it is good stuff.  They make a very good line of lube products.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

cuterz

Well I used about 1/2 gal of mix sat and the Lucas seemed to work well 95+ out in the woods and the saws ran great! So at around $8.00 a qt I definately have a new oil. 8)

John Mc

Is their oil rated for use on air-cooled 2 cycle engines?  The stuff made for water-cooled 2 cycle engines (like marine engines) generally doesn't hold up well in chainsaws, due to the higher heat.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

cuterz

Quote from: John Mc on August 27, 2012, 03:07:03 PM
Is their oil rated for use on air-cooled 2 cycle engines?  The stuff made for water-cooled 2 cycle engines (like marine engines) generally doesn't hold up well in chainsaws, due to the higher heat.
Look up Lucas 2 cycle it is rated fd edg air cooled 

John Mc

Cuterz -  somewhere on here there is a good help file on how to post photos, but I can't find it now. 

In short, you have to upload the photo to your gallery here on Forestry Forum before you can include it in your post.  One reason for this is to assure that the photos you include in a post don't "disappear" if you just link to them from another site, and then they are deleted or otherwise become unavailable from that external site.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

beenthere

Look for tech support in the "Behind The Forum" board.

As here for posting pics.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,56957.0.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

cuterz

There got a pic of oil I was talking about it is more fun in the woods than playing with computers  >:(

Thank You Sponsors!