iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood Lumberlite Mill ??????

Started by eddiebo, August 23, 2012, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiebo

I have owned the larger Norwood mill, and would like feedback on the Lumberlite 26. I loved the Lumbermate when I had it, and am in the market for another mill. Just sold my Bookman's mill today on ebay. Lumberlite or Boardwalk Jr.?
If you are ashamed of HIM, then surely He will be ashamed of you in His Kingdom.

paul case

Ez jr is bound to be much more sturdy than a 2 post  with angle iron track.
Both will no doubt saw wood but heavy logs turning onto a 12 inch flat can do some serious damage to a mill that isnt tough enough to stand it. Ez jr will put up with a lot of that and keep on cutting.
PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

eddiebo

The Norwood Lumberlite Ml26 is a 4 post mill.
If you are ashamed of HIM, then surely He will be ashamed of you in His Kingdom.

cutterboy

eddiebo, you've owned a Norwood mill before. You know the quality and the strong construction of their mills. I own the Lumbermate 2000 which I think you did. I am not familar with the Lumberlite, but I expect their quality is up there with the larger mill. If I were looking for a light mill I would stay with Norwood.

Good luck with your search, Cutter
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

steve phillips

i just got finished putting together an ml 26 , havent sawed with it yet but its in the very near future maybe monday lol .i like the way they are put together a nice saw . steve
if its not broke dont fix it !!!!

tyb525

The smaller, economy mills are not usually built to the same standards as the bigger mills. I know my LT10 is not built to the same toughness as the larger mills, and I have a good idea the mills from other manufacturers are similar.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

paul case

I am sorry.
All I could envision you were talking about was the old norwood lumberlite. It was, I believe, a 2 post head with angle iron track. The ML 26 dont look anything like that. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

eddiebo

Mr. Steve Phillips I will tell you right now I'm jealous !!!!!       ;D ;D ;D

eddiebo

Please pm me and let me know how she does....... Please.

Riggs

I bought the ML26 last December and have no complaints. It has sawed everything I have put on it (oak, cherry, hickory, cedar, poplar and pine) without complaint. The assembly is a big plus in my opinion, you know where everything is and how it works.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Thank You Sponsors!