iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw Cleaner

Started by JohnG28, August 22, 2012, 10:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnG28

OK, I realize this may sound foolish to some, but my saws aren't daily users. I recently picked up a MS200t and have been reconditioning it. Had a few things to replace, buffers, chain brake handle, fuel/impulse hoses since it's already apart. Saw has surely seen use and I assume in plenty of trees, as it's got a lot of old hardened sap on the plastics. Anyone have anything they have used to remove such crud? I'd like to get off what I can while it's still apart and I wait for the few parts on order. Also curious about muffler mod. Any thoughts on that as well? Thanks for any help in advanced.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

beenthere

I remove that crud easily with Simple Green. Spray it on, let it soak a little, and scrub it off.

Years back, Amway had a product called "Zoom" and it was as good or better than Simple Green. But not available anymore.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

JohnG28

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try. Tried GooGone, stuff was crap. Hope this will do the trick. Thanks again.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

lumberjack48

My saws were covered with Balsam, Jack, Norway pitch, i used number 1 fuel, once a week.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

shelbycharger400

Quotei used number 1 fuel, once a week.

second that!!  diesel or kerosene works real well!   

I have used atf cutting pine and cedars before, works rather well and the chain stays clean but its a little harder /more wear on the bar.

Thank You Sponsors!