iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bad Fuel

Started by beenthere, August 22, 2012, 01:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Anyone get the bad gas that apparently BP distributed out of Whiting, IN after Aug. 13? 

Apparently 50,000 barrels of fuel were bad, causing repairs to cars that failed to run, started hard, and needed expensive repairs. Fuel is being "recalled" but after distribution to IN, IL, WI, and MI.  Sounds like the recalls started Monday, the 20th.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-0822-bp-gas-20120822,0,3573197.story

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

That sounds like a mess for sure.  I am glad that it did not catch us while we were passing through.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Carlton

For those of you with small gas motors on lawn mowers,tillers, mills, etc. that have gravity flow carbs. With the ethanol fuel that is out I would higihly recommend installing an inline fuel shutoff valve. and running the carb dry when you shut it down for extended periods of time.

Jeff

You are not allowed to read that lilnk's story unless you sign up.  :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Jeff on August 22, 2012, 08:22:48 AM

I hate news sites like that.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Norm

Quote from: Jeff on August 22, 2012, 08:22:48 AM

Who wants to read anything that comes out of Chicago to begin with.  :D

beenthere

Hmmm? I didn't need to sign up in order to view the link.
It was just one of many to pick from.
Plus, a google of "BP gas recall" will likely give a lot of hits if anyone is interested. Hopefully no one here had to have their car repaired from it. Something about too many (or too much) "poly" additives.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tyb525

I try not to buy gas from BP stations anyways, have heard too many rumors in the past that their gas is sub-standard.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

giant splinter

Rude method of diverting people to sign in to a website
roll with it

clww

After the Gulf oil spill fiasco, I don't buy from BP. After the "Valdez" accident in Prince William Sound, I have not been to an Exxon. Since CITGO is run by Chavez....well you get the picture. :(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

beenthere

Yup, got it. You don't buy gas   ;D
south central Wisconsin

clww

I am running out of stations. :)
Remember the old jingle, "You can always trust your car to the man that wears the star"?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jamie_C

Not sure how the refineries / fuel stations work down there but up here the name on the fuel station has no bearing on where the fuel came from. Exxon owns the only refinery here in NS and they supply fuel to every brand of gas station (Esso, Shell, Irving, Petro Canada, Ultramar, etc, etc, etc). In NB it is the Irving refinery that supplies the fuel to all the stations regardless of what "brand" is on the sign. Exact same thing happens all across our Country.

Okrafarmer

Some of our stations are like that, too. It varies from station to station, how it's set up.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!