iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberjack 660d anyone?

Started by poorfarm, August 21, 2012, 04:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poorfarm

does anyone on here have one? this winch i want to buy came off 1999. question i have is what direction does it turn? is it live all the time and cable or hydrolic actovated?/  want to put it on 1980 380 thanks

Autocar

Theres guys on here that know better then I but I have never heard of a 660 Timberjack. Iam sure your get a reply from someone about it  ;)
Bill

lumberjack48

They make-em  8.31 Cummings, 207 hp, big horse
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

bushmechanic

Wait for Kiko to weigh in I think he is the most knowledgeable on the newer skidder gear,or pm him.

treefarmer87

a guy who contracts with meadwestvaco has one around here. it is the only skidder he runs. he does plantation thinnings.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

poorfarm

I know they make them!!!!!! I ran one back in 02 for a couple months..

lumberjack48

Quote from: treefarmer87 on August 22, 2012, 08:55:07 PM
a guy who contracts with meadwestvaco has one around here. it is the only skidder he runs. he does plantation thinnings.
He must have put some skinny tires on it, to get though a thinning job.

Some have a 270 hp JD motor, thats a big horse to feed.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

poorfarm

so winch is new take off so i have no idea witch way it turns.. would be a huge help if someone knows

lumberjack48

Sorry for wondering off the subject at hand.

The 660's i've been looking at have a duel drum winch.

Do you know the name and model ? I found its  T60 Force, 27 ton, if thats the one, now try to find which way it turns.

snowstorm

Quote from: poorfarm on August 23, 2012, 03:52:13 PM
so winch is new take off so i have no idea witch way it turns.. would be a huge help if someone knows
was it the one in uncle henrys? isnt that a john deere winich? call nortrax

lumberjack48

kiko

The 660 Jack came with a Cummins engine. When Deere came into the picture it was labeled a 660d and had the 8.1 engine. It was produced as a 848g Deere as well. As far as the winch  goes ,it will not work in this application because winch clutch pack is located in the transmission. The winch prop shaft only turns when the winch is engaged. T 40  or t60 were the winch options. Poor farm,you need a Deere 4000. Me and my guys have stretched out this summer,15 to 18 hours a days and often seven days a week, I will make it a point to follow up with you.

kiko

On the JD 4000 looking at the winch input yolk rotation is clockwise.

lumberjack48

The winch your looking at poorfarm turns clockwise

kiko

Just to make sure what i was spouting about the t40d vs. 4000 winch was accurate; I looked it up this morning on jdparts.com. The t40d does not have an input clutch and is direct drive meant for intermitant input. The 4000 winch has a clutch pack on the input shaft of winch, so with a prop shaft turning constantly the complete drive in the winch is not turning untill the clutch is locked in. Looked up the t40d under a 660d and the 4000 under a 648gIII.

poorfarm

Quote from: snowstorm on August 23, 2012, 05:29:27 PM
Quote from: poorfarm on August 23, 2012, 03:52:13 PM
was it the one in uncle henrys? isnt that a john deere winich? call nortrax
its off timberjack 660D

poorfarm

kiko you are right. went and looked at  jd548 and 450 tj.. jd turns constant

Thank You Sponsors!