iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

finally bought myself a toy!!!

Started by sparky1, August 19, 2012, 06:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky1

well since buying a house four years ago and having a kid two years ago I seem to never spend money on myself anymore. Well the other day I bought my self a bow. Its a used Hoyt for 300. I wanted to buy a new one, but the wife would kill me if i spent a grand on a new one that i was debating on. Looking forward to sitting in the tree stand with my son and having him scare all the deer away for me now!! :D :D   Ohh and I got a line on a nice 7mm for a couple hundred im gonna buy.. gotta hid that one for a bit that might put the wife over the top!! 8)
Shaun J

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well Sparky.....we'll probably be moved to OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES but anyway, I've never shot a bow.....well hunting anyway.
I'm just not gonna sit in a tree with sticks.  :D I use a 30.06. Seems to work pretty well.  ;D My 10 year old son will be using a 708 this year. He got his first Buck last year.....5 point. I was with him and I think I was happier than him!  8)

Here are 2 pics a friend sent me. These deer were spotted in Canada.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sparky1

I have a couple rifles and shot guns already. Ive shot deer many deer with my 12 guage. Got one one the wall.  I just wanted to get out in the woods with a bow. Its peaceful and relaxing. I use to bow hunt when i was around 14. Then sports and everything else took all my time up. I still dont have much free time, but Im gonna make a consciense effort to set aside time and do something I enjoy.  Im looking more toward once Dominic (my 2 year old) will be able to sit in the stand and get some bonding time. 
Shaun J

sparky1

10, thats young. I know when I was a youngin it was 12 for hunters safety.. I think wisconsin has also changed it to something else though too..  I bet your boy was excited, Its great you got to share that experience with him!!
Shaun J

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Yes 10 is young.....but to Paul, it's just right.  :D

Like the old saying....Take your kids hunting and you'll never have to hunt your kids.

Buck

Like the old saying....Take your kids hunting and you'll never have to hunt your kids.

smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

sparky1

Shaun J

Norm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Norm on August 20, 2012, 08:28:37 AM
Now that's one happy young man!

Thanks Norm.....kinda makes me grab my belt, pull up my pants and say, " Yep......dats my boy".  :D

sandhills

What's not to be proud of there Dave?  I like your "old saying" also!  My youngest daughter loves to tag along hunting, fishing or working, anything with animals involved.  My oldest on the other hand, well she'll be the one we have to hunt for I have a feeling.  I can get her to help work cattle though so I guess it's a start  ;).

802Vermont Outdoorsman

Just remember hunt with your kids not for them.

Thank You Sponsors!