iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What will work?

Started by pasbuild, August 19, 2012, 11:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasbuild

Once again I come to this great knowledge pool for an answer, a friend has been building his dream car for the last few years, he had the all aluminum radiator in the box waiting to be installed, the chipmunks packed it full of corn, bird feed and a deer mix >:( it was flush out but you can see a lot of leftovers, my question  what can be used safely to desolve the feed and not harm the aluminum?
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

sandhills

Is it in the top tank or bottom, or both?  If it's in just one or the other I'd say keep the garden hose cranked up in the opposite end and keep flushing, sorry.  :-\

DouginUtah

I've been working on my dream car also.

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Clam77

There's nothing really that'll dissolve the stuff - you just have to keep flushing.  Shaking it good while you're flushing will help get it out or corners and stuff..   good luck!!    :D
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

sandhills

Doug I like the manure spreader attachment, that's just down right classy  :).

WmFritz

I'm wondering if  the seats are functional.  :o
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

thecfarm

Do I see a seat belt back there?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Quote from: WmFritz on August 20, 2012, 01:42:42 AM
     I'm wondering if  the seats are functional.  :o
They must be, I can see they left the apron chain in it  ;D.

Burlkraft

A radiator shop can pull the tanks off and flush out the core.

Ya got a TIG welder?
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Sprucegum

+1
take it to a rad shop - pay a little now instead of a lot later  :(

giant splinter

Mix up some dish soap and water and cycle it through the tank from a large bucket with a small 12v bilge pump along with a filter cloth screen,it should reduce the surface tension of the water and help break the contact in the radiator. Hope this will help you out.
roll with it

Corley5

Don't let it soak.  The seeds will swell and it will really be plugged  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!