iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cancar skidder info

Started by hootnholmesville, August 18, 2012, 09:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hootnholmesville

I recently purchased an older model Cancar skidder.  The ID plate indicates it is a Model C5D skidder, Ser. #5303115, Hawker Siddely Corp., Canadian Car Division.  It has a Detroit engine, 4 speed manual transmission, and a Cancar C20 winch. 
Can anyone tell me the year model of this mnachine?  Where can I obtain an owners manual that would list service schedule, typical maintenance, filters, fluids, adjustments, etc., for the machine and the winch? 
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hoot

mad murdock

It is a Tree Farmer C5D. From what guys in New England have indicated, Davco in Maine has good support for those machines. I am sure one of the mainers on here will be able to get you specifics, or you can use the forum search tool and type in Davco. Welcome to the forestry forum.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

thecfarm

Davco should be a sponsor on here.  :D
hootnholmesville,welcome to the forum. I sent you a PM with the number.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mark K

The guys up to Davco are great. I've called them many times in the past six months trying to work the bugs out of my TF. Prices on parts aren't outrages either.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

treefarmer87

my tag says hawker siddley on it too. mine is a 80's model.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

labtrouble2

any one found a manual for can car 20  B 

lopet

The gearmatic 119 manual is available on line. http://www.numeralkod.com/cross/archivemanuals/gearmatic/model%2019%20instruction%20and%20parts%20manual.pdf
Have no idea what's all different on the can car 20, just looks bigger and heavier to me.
Got trouble ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Thank You Sponsors!