iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmll shed begins!

Started by lyle niemi, August 17, 2012, 12:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave9252

Quote from: Mark Wentzell on August 29, 2012, 07:26:20 PM
Do you eat? Sleep? Bathe?  ??? or just work?  :D

Do you have other plans for that Kenworth other than scaffolding?
Well he eats and sleeps!!!!  :D :D :D

Norm

I haven't seen a cab over KW in years, one of the first semi's I learned to drive on.

Really enjoying your build.  :)

lyle niemi

Almost ready for the roof. Dave and I worked most of the day tieing in the top portion of the building. In the next coupl of days I will clear a spot next to the mill and prefab the whole roof on the ground, tin and all then get a picker to come and lift it into position, That will save a whole bunch of up and down work.

lyle niemi

Quote from: Norm on August 30, 2012, 07:56:49 AM
I haven't seen a cab over KW in years, one of the first semi's I learned to drive on.

Really enjoying your build.  :)
Just bought the ol KW a couple of days ago for 500 bucks, it has two brand new front tires on it and had about 300 bucks worth of fuel in it. I dont think I lost on that deal..lol I drove it home about 20 miles and she run like a dream!

ely

i see that yall use the same type safety glasses that i do while chainsawing.
very comfortable, just not very functional. ;D

lyle niemi

Quote from: ely on August 31, 2012, 09:13:06 AM
i see that yall use the same type safety glasses that i do while chainsawing.
very comfortable, just not very functional. ;D
They had just fallen before the picture was taken...lol Its a real good idea to wear them for sure!!!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Looking bloody good  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup Now you cant get an Ole KW125 for anything less than about $10k and a goodun from the 70s to mid 80s will still set you back from $18 to $35k here and they aint show trucks either But there are still alot of them on the road you cant kill them unless you run em of the side of the road at 60mph our familys had 3 of them over the years and soon to be a 4th    ;) ;D 8) 8) whats your plans for it  ??? and also who is drawing the short straw for stacking out in the weather during winter Mate  ???

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

kelLOGg

I like your laminated posts. How did you join them? screws? bolts? nails?
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

lyle niemi

Quote from: kelLOGg on August 31, 2012, 11:23:13 PM
I like your laminated posts. How did you join them? screws? bolts? nails?
Bob
I used a air nailer that has ring nails in it, seems to hold pretty good. When Im making beams I would use glue and nails

lyle niemi

Quote from: Meadows Miller on August 31, 2012, 09:44:38 AM
Gday

Looking bloody good  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup Now you cant get an Ole KW125 for anything less than about $10k and a goodun from the 70s to mid 80s will still set you back from $18 to $35k here and they aint show trucks either But there are still alot of them on the road you cant kill them unless you run em of the side of the road at 60mph our familys had 3 of them over the years and soon to be a 4th    ;) ;D 8) 8) whats your plans for it  ??? and also who is drawing the short straw for stacking out in the weather during winter Mate  ???

Regards Chris
The ol KW come in pretty hand so far as scaffold. I will be combining oats soon so it might be used as a grainery for a while. I can probably get 1200 bushel in the old beast...lol

lyle niemi

Dave and I started to assemble the trusses this morning, we would of had it all strapped but the skies opened up on us.

dave9252

And its still to wet, nice to have a day of rest :)

UN Hooker

prefab the whole roof on the ground, tin and all then get a picker to come and lift it into position,

Hmmmm. That sounds very interesting. I'd like to see a video of that!!

UN
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

lyle niemi

Quote from: UN Hooker on September 02, 2012, 09:50:18 PM

prefab the whole roof on the ground, tin and all then get a picker to come and lift it into position,

Hmmmm. That sounds very interesting. I'd like to see a video of that!!

UN
I will do the best I can to take pics and vids fur ya when the time comes

jueston

if you search youtube for videos of houses build in one day(mostly by habitat for humanity) a lot of those build the roof on the ground and then lift it into place, but when i went through i couldn't find one that had much detail, just a quick time lapse where its just a frame or 2 and then its attached. but i have seen it in person before, they just had a little extra bracing and a big crain...

UN Hooker

But were those houses 40'X40'? That's a lot of wiggly sticks to lift at once.
       UN
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

lyle niemi

I have to shut down the sawmill project for a bit, I have to start to get my crop off very soon. So much to do and so little time >:(

Meadows Miller

I know how you feel Lyle It feels like you need two of you mosta the time Mate  :) :) :( still gotta try though  ;) :D ;D 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

lyle niemi

Quote from: Meadows Miller on September 04, 2012, 08:52:43 AM

I know how you feel Lyle It feels like you need two of you mosta the time Mate  :) :) :( still gotta try though  ;) :D ;D 8)
dont think the world needs another crazy guy like me...lol

lyle niemi

Hi people, It seems like I have been doing a whole bunch of nothing lately. I was supposed to be combining now but the dang rain come and put a hold on that stuff. I did start to strap the roof for the mill, its a little difficult doing by yourself but Im slowly moving forward

beenthere

That pic somehow just doesn't smack of you moving slow.  8)
There is a lot of work tied up in that structure and glad to see it coming along so well.
Anxious to see the "hanging" maybe soon.

Good luck with the crops.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lyle niemi

Quote from: beenthere on September 12, 2012, 08:06:06 PM
That pic somehow just doesn't smack of you moving slow.  8)
There is a lot of work tied up in that structure and glad to see it coming along so well.
Anxious to see the "hanging" maybe soon.

Good luck with the crops.
Maybe hanging the end of next week, depends on the farming

york

Bump,wonder how your doing?albert
Albert

lyle niemi

Quote from: york on September 18, 2012, 01:03:33 PM
Bump,wonder how your doing?albert
Been busy combining, should be back n the mill soon. Possibly next week I will have the roof up

dgdrls

How goes the Harvest?? 
DGDrls

Thank You Sponsors!