iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmll shed begins!

Started by lyle niemi, August 17, 2012, 12:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAZERDAN

I was thinkin you had alota energy also !    Are you planting oats again ?    Lazerdan

lyle niemi

Quote from: LAZERDAN on May 25, 2014, 09:49:36 PM
I was thinkin you had alota energy also !    Are you planting oats again ?    Lazerdan
Im not doing any farming this year, fuel prices up and grain prices down... bad mix..LOL

LAZERDAN

The reason I was asking.  I found out over winter, when I was loading salt at the local feed mill.  Jr and I were ask to hang around a while (short time) And ask to step in the back of the store ( where the mill equipment was) Now mind you it was -20, so gettin out of the cold is always good.  Store closes and we head to the back and we see a bunch of friends and aquaintences sittin around on the feed bags shoot in the ADMIN LANGUAGE EDIT. the owner breaks out a gunny sack of peanuts sold for squirrl feed and a fridge full of beer N soda.  he says every day is a rat race these days we need to catch up.  Most farmers have quit farming around here ( do to suburbia ) and the it seem more horse people are at the mill.  Talking about horse people,  the owner says,  They all want canadian oats, now wi. used to be the oats capital of the world.  Now almost no oats at all arund here, corn and beans .  the owner says the price to get canadian oats here pays a preimum, So in a nutshell with a bunch of semi old farmers gathered round the mill on a cold day, it made me thinks of Lyles oats.  Have a good day    Lazerdan   

lyle niemi

Hola , just going through some pics...... where did all my energy go.... :new_year:

scouter Joe

Hi Lyle  Haven't heard from you much lately . How is the saw mill running . Are you still working it or have you gone back to farming . I really enjoyed following your build and have wondered quite a few times what had become of you . scouter Joe

lyle niemi

Quote from: scouter Joe on March 07, 2017, 07:42:55 AM
Hi Lyle  Haven't heard from you much lately . How is the saw mill running . Are you still working it or have you gone back to farming . I really enjoyed following your build and have wondered quite a few times what had become of you . scouter Joe
yep still sawmilling. farming and whatever I can to scratch up a living. The last couple of years has been pretty tough to do anything but there is an election coming in two short years :snowball:

slider

Good to see you back Lyle.
al glenn

larrydown60

Lyle thanks for sharing your build. I have enjoyed reading this for the last couple of hours and enjoyed all your pics. A fantastic build and I think I see where all your energy went I am very impressed thank you so much for sharing your talent.

lyle niemi

don't think I have any talent , just did a lot of trial and error lol more then I care to admit,,,,,

fishfighter

I read thru your build yesterday. Very impressive. If and when you get a chance, a short video of your saw mill in operation would be sweet. :D Oh, I didn't see what kind of mill you have or just missed that part. What is it?

LAZERDAN

Holly Crap Lyle.  It's been 3 years !   Good to see yer still around.    Lazerdan

lyle niemi

Quote from: LAZERDAN on March 08, 2017, 08:20:36 PM
Holly Crap Lyle.  It's been 3 years !   Good to see yer still around.    Lazerdan
yep, time does fly by alright

lyle niemi

Just a little update.....

I started to plane up some 2'' t&g lumber and some ship lap drop siding, and it seems to be a big hit so far!!

sorry but I don't know how to post pics on here anymore ..... ??? ??? ::) :snowball:

lyle niemi

burtle

Never Give Up

henry-sawer

Hello Lyle, you've been a great inspiration for me. I love you're building roof on the ground and then lifting up in place, it makes it so much easier. I kinda copied the conveyor coming off your circular saw, it works good for cutting alone.Please keep up the good work, and pictures for us that cut alone on circle saws.Merry Christmas

Flyingpig

Looks good Lyle! Lots of work went into your set up, that's for sure!

Thank You Sponsors!