iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmll shed begins!

Started by lyle niemi, August 17, 2012, 12:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

Me the backhoe and the ladder got alot done today. 

Magicman

;D  Every step is one step closer.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lyle niemi

Quote from: Magicman on September 03, 2013, 10:59:17 PM
;D  Every step is one step closer.   :)
You bet! Im hopeing by the end of the week I will have to put lights in the mill shed......Winter is coming :snowball:

lyle niemi

Finally ready for tin 8)

beenthere

Ain't no grass grows under your feet...  way to go, and looking good for winter snow a comin.
Maybe next month for you? Or maybe this month... geesh it is already into September.  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Sam H

Just curious why your going with a 16' ceiling, that's very high. I've got a 12 foot ceiling in my 20x60 mill and its plenty high. What kind of mill do you have there?
In between mills. Cook edger and cat claw equipment

lyle niemi

Quote from: Sam H on September 04, 2013, 10:40:45 PM
Just curious why your going with a 16' ceiling, that's very high. I've got a 12 foot ceiling in my 20x60 mill and its plenty high. What kind of mill do you have there?
A building can have many uses if it is built big enough

lyle niemi

OK, I promise this will be the last pic for a while, just had to show you that the tin is up and the millshed is almost ready for winter

Buddyw

That is truly a nice building lyle !   
I need to get started on putting a shed , building , tarp , or even a teepee would be something over my mill.
I just can not make my mind up if I want to go through the scuffle trying to build a building myself with no help or just make a phone call and pay someone to build it.
I have even been looking into these carports, some of them don't look bad. 

lyle niemi

Quote from: Buddyw on September 05, 2013, 08:14:25 PM
That is truly a nice building lyle !   
I need to get started on putting a shed , building , tarp , or even a teepee would be something over my mill.
I just can not make my mind up if I want to go through the scuffle trying to build a building myself with no help or just make a phone call and pay someone to build it.
I have even been looking into these carports, some of them don't look bad.
Building something like this is alot of work by yourself! If ya have the money and if there is a contractor that will do it for you it might be worth it. The reason I went so big and tall with my building is that if I ever go sell the place the building can be used for other applications other then a millshed

lyle niemi

Built and hung half the big door today, hope to get the other half done tommorrow

WoodenHead

Very nice building Lyle.  Job well done!

Quote from: Buddyw on September 05, 2013, 08:14:25 PM

Putting up a building yourself is a lot of work (particularly one like Lyle's!).  But if you have the skill and if the opportunity cost works in your favour, go for it.

redbeard

Great job Lyle! Very impressive.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

slider

I totally agree with going tall.That way if you need to expand you are not limited to the gable ends.Good job lyle.
al glenn

lyle niemi

More progress made today! The building is dang near closed in. I couldnt figure out where to put my main entrance but I soon figured something out. As you can see I put it right in the big door, I cant see anything wrong with that :snowball:

lyle niemi

I couldnt combine yesterday cause of the rain so I built a little motor room for the mill, it should control the noise and the heat, I installed a slider window so I can have the motor in sight all the time while Im sawing. I think it will work good!

I also found this old 966 loader which I might purchase in a week or so, I gots to get permission from the real boss first!! a know who Im talkin about..lol

GAmillworker

Super nice building you have built.  I would need to do a lot for my boss for her let me buy a loader like that.
Thank the Lord for second chances

bandmiller2

Lyle,even in the winter that engine enclosure will get toasty warm.Mayby you can duct some warm air to the sawyers box.If you weld up some diamond tread about an inch apart and run engine coolant through, your feet will be toasty warm.[with a shutoff valve for the summer] Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

lyle niemi

Quote from: GAmillworker on September 18, 2013, 07:57:00 PM
Super nice building you have built.  I would need to do a lot for my boss for her let me buy a loader like that.
Thanx, when I first dragged that old mill out of the bush, I would never of guessed I would go this far...lol

bandmiller2

Lyle,tell mommy its for combining logs.You can't beat the "big guns" for handling logs farm loaders and bobcats work but a loader like that is a real spoiler.Does it need work.??  Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

lyle,when will it stop?   :D  Good idea from bandmiller about keeping your feet warm.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dblair

if you put doors and heat on that loader you might get one of the children to load logs while you saw sometimes . your operation is really getting big . really nice building , as I have said before . I've got one of those doors in a door also . it appears your getting ready for the sawing season , next month , maybe ?
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

lyle niemi

Quote from: bandmiller2 on September 19, 2013, 07:09:35 AM
Lyle,tell mommy its for combining logs.You can't beat the "big guns" for handling logs farm loaders and bobcats work but a loader like that is a real spoiler.Does it need work.??  Frank C.
The loader seems to be Ok, but Im sure if I lk I could find some thing to fix on it..lol

Your heating idea is a good one!

lyle niemi

I got rid of some more noise today, I insulated my little motor room with some 3 inch styrofoam, It made a big difference!

lyle niemi

I was just looking at this thread again, I think I had more energy at that time..lol

Thank You Sponsors!