iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

RED CLAY HOUND: Welcome to the Forestry Forum!

Started by Dodgy Loner, August 15, 2012, 04:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Now we can add an Ag Engineer to the list.  We need that to balance out the Red Cedar Geologist and the Hippie Accountant  :D.

The world needs balance or it will spin off its axis. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

To balance we need another cob eater  ;D 

Welcome to the FF Sir.  :) 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

Ya know, grits are made from the fruit of the cob.....oh well, never mind  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 17, 2012, 07:18:37 PM
Ya know, grits are made from the fruit of the cob.....oh well, never mind  :).

oz_smiley
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Red Clay Hound

Quote from: nas on August 16, 2012, 02:30:10 PM
Welcome Red Clay Hound.  Congrats on the new mill.  We do want pictures though.  There's a saying on the FF "no pictures, it didn't happen" so make believers of us :) 8)

Nick
Well I fired up the mill this weekend and cut a few logs.  Had to tune her up a little, but once we got everything set, she ran like a charm. 8)  Here are a couple of photos of the first log.

2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

WDH

fishpharmer

Red Clay Hound, with the risk of sounding envious,  the shed, tractor and sawmill are impressive.  I have always liked the looks of the yellow Caterpillar diesel on a Woodmizer.  Does the "H" on the radiator screen stand for "Hound?" 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Congrats on the "first log".   I see many more good sawing days ahead.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dodgy Loner

Georgia is a long way from Mississippi, so my little brother was there to give him a hand instead of me. I am looking forward to getting my hands on that mill over the holidays  ;D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

WDH

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

customsawyer

Great looking mill and nice setup. You are going to love those hyd. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

thecfarm

A very nice mill you have there. That will keep you away from the grits.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Hound,

Just so that you know (as a bit of background), thecfarm (Ray) is the #1 ranked Forum Grits Critic

tcsmpsi

Quote from: thecfarm on August 20, 2012, 06:37:54 AM
A very nice mill you have there. That will keep you away from the grits.  ;D

Man does not live by sawdust alone.   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Red Clay Hound

Quote from: WDH on August 20, 2012, 08:18:01 AM
Hound,

Just so that you know (as a bit of background), thecfarm (Ray) is the #1 ranked Forum Grits Critic
Sounds like grits envy to me - common result from eating too many moose mountain oysters. ::)
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

DanG

:D :D :D
I think I have identified part of the problem.  Some of our northern citizens have been trying to make grits out of Iowa corn.  That explains a lot, but then last week we caught a Canuckidadian trying to make them out of cobs!  I need to have a long talk with that boy!

Welcome aboard, Mr. Hound!  I have not forgotten your hospitality when I stayed over at your place, when Justin and I carpooled to the piggy roast.  It was nice of you to welcome a stranger like that.  Of course, I was probably stranger than you were expecting! :D :D

Look forward to seeing you at Woodstack 2012. 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: DanG on August 20, 2012, 05:49:20 PM

Of course, I was probably stranger than you were expecting! :D :D

DanG......You're a HOOT.......DanG.   :D

WDH

He may be strange, but he is friendly.  At least Miss Scarlet liked him  :D.  Of course, she was a big dawg fan, too  ;D.

DanG

I got a way with dawgs, WDH.  I rubbed my camera in Alpo just before I got there, and lowered myself to pose with their flag.  I'm a real suck-up when the dawgs are big.

I ain't takin' credit for "Woodstack".  The Okryboy came up with that a while back.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: DanG on August 20, 2012, 09:55:24 PM
  I rubbed my camera in Alpo 

:D :D :D What would you rub it in if ya wanted to take a picture of those BIG GREEN flies?  :D :D :D

DanG

Thank You Sponsors!