A couple questions...

Started by Thehardway, August 13, 2012, 07:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thehardway

Neil,

What are the differences between your mill and the one being offered by Harbor Freight?  I like the price point of your mill and the simplicity of it.

I'm not crazy about the idea that it is made in China, with so many people out of work here in the states right now, have you tried having the fabrication bid out lately?

I would like to build my own track so it is one 20' continuous and solid welded assembly (no bolts to loosen or joints to misalign).  Would you sell the saw head it by itself or do I have to buy the whole package setup.  If so how much is the saw head alone.

Thanks ahead and also for sponsoring this great forum.
Norwood LM2000 24HP w/28' bed, Hudson Oscar 18" 32' bed, Woodmaster 718 planer,  Kubota L185D, Stihl 029, Husqvarna 550XP

NeilB

Check your email, responded to you...
Neil B
Woodland Mills

BowBilly

I have the same question. What are the differences between your mill and the one being offered by Harbor Freight? Please post the reply here so everyone can read it. Thanks

NeilB

Hi BowBilly,

Welcome to the forum!

We have been asked this question a few times. We don't have Harbor Freight stores in Canada, so not having studied one up close, I couldn't provide exact details/differences, sorry. We have called them in the past to try and compare specs and particular details, but unfortunately, the sales people couldn't provide anything further than what was called out on their website.

There are some differences I can see from looking at their pictures, but I'm not sure how accurate it is, so I wouldn't want to make any assumptions.

Don't hesitate to call or email me with any other questions...

Thanks,
Neil
Neil B
Woodland Mills

BowBilly

Thanks Neil for the fast reply.Have read quite a few post since first asking you the question I did and visited your website.Has the cogged belts you advertise with the 2013 model answer the fast wearout time that I have read  others have experienced with your mill? And are your mills still shipping with the same blades or has that also changed with the 2013 model? Still qute interested in your mill as I learn more. Thanks for being on here for answering questions first hand. Customer service goes a long way in the decision making process and your mills are on the short list. Thanks again.

NeilB

Hi Bowbilly

We've likely made many updates since the reviews you've been reading were posted. One is going to a good quality cogged belt for better performance and durability. We also started (late 2012) installing Lenox Woodmaster C blades on all of our mills at the factory. If there are any other particular items, just let me know and I can tell you if we've made updates.

We're fairly open to tweaking and updating the mill based on reviews and customer feedback.

Thanks,
Neil
Neil B
Woodland Mills

giant splinter

roll with it