iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My 2012 Pigroast adventure

Started by Dan_Shade, August 12, 2012, 02:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

I took a few extra days to explore a few areas for my pigroast trip.

As I did last year, I spent a few days in WV visiting with my family, and leaving my dog there to keep my parents and their dog company. 

I left for the trip on the Wednesday before the pigroast, and headed down into WV to enjoy some of the scenery.

Germany Valley off of Rt. 33 in WV

panoramic view of Germany Valley

Then I road on towards Seneca Rocks, WV.  Another nice view

Then onto Michigan for some good tastin pig

:

Weekend Sawyer loaded up with the husky loot

Then I road down through Ohio to Mansfield to see the prison used in "The Shawshank Redemption"

I didn't realize that I cropped out the roof until I was back at the hotel...

The next day I rode out across Northeast Ohio into PA and checked out a covered bridge in Mercer County.

After this I went to the southern side of the Finger Lakes, and visited Watkin's Glen, Buttermilk Falls, and Robert Treman State park near Ithaca, NY.
<

Watkins Glen

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Dan_Shade

Buttermilk falls

Robert Treman State Park, this place had a cool old grist mill.

Lucifer Falls

I found this Viaduct somewhere in Pennsylvania:

And that's the cool scenery from my 2012 Pigroast trip!

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Riggs

Nice pics, beautiful country. Thanks for sharing.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Dan_Shade

the views up there are absolutely stunning.

the funny thing is I found Watkins Glen more or less by accident.  I only stopped there because I wanted a few trinkets from a gift shop!  After paying $8 to park, I figured I may as well check it out.

sprucebunny

Excellent pictures  8) Thanks !

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sandhills

Thanks for the trip Dan, the scenery is awesome and I'm sure the ride was too!

isawlogs

Niceride and pics, thanks Dan  :)   8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

You are right.  That scenery was awesome!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

And everyone thinks NY is skyscrapers, Taxi's and hordes of people.. Don't know if they still do it but they used to have a lazer light show in Watkins Glen. Was very impressive.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

thecfarm

A very nice narrative tour.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Last weekend was the biggest NASCAR racing weekend of the year in Watkins Glen.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Dan_Shade

I was much relieved to miss all of that traffic when I realized that I was there a few days before a big race!

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Ron Scott

Nice! Seneca Rocks brings back a few rock climbing memories during my younger years.
~Ron

Magicman

Dan, I had missed this.  I enjoyed "cutting a Pig" with you again this year.  There were so many folks that it seems that we do not get to visit enough.  As usual, I enjoyed your traveling pictures.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Norm

I missed this thread too, thanks for taking us along Dan!

John_Haylow

Nice pictures Dan, thanks for sharing them with us.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Thank You Sponsors!