iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Testing photo upload with mobile phone

Started by Jeff, August 11, 2012, 12:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

So, if it is not Apple, its not an iphone, android are not Apple, but are intellegent, but not all intellegent phones are android...  :-\   Am I getting warmer  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

You are doin great!!

(as near as I can tell..... :)  )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Dan, Do you Frog Gig with the Orange one?  Where's the hook?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dan_Shade

i figured I should take a picture of it before I scratched it.  So i took it before installing the hook.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Magicman

I had one, two, no three that were unscratched at one time.  Now they all are.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

shinnlinger

Ok,  I have an iphone and I downloaded picup and even put an image into it.  Now how do I get it on the forum???

thanks.

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

shinnlinger

A more
Specific question is how do you put a pic in a post?   All I see is add attachment but those aren't pics.
Dave
Shinnlinger

Warbird

Are you using the mobile version of the forum?  You have to go to the full site, and then it should work.

shinnlinger

so to upload on a mobile phone you can't use the mobile site?  Do you still gallery the shots first?

Dave
Shinnlinger

POSTON WIDEHEAD

When you take a picture and put in in your iphone folder, then you must first transfer your picture to your Forum Gallery.

Jeff

There is no mobile site per-say, there is a mobile view of the forestry forum. It's simply a different set of cloths. At the bottom of the mobile view on your smart phone, you can select the go to full site view. At that point the familiar links are there. 

You then go to the gallery, choose upload file, then on the upload file page, on right side of the page, you must choose the simple - one file at a time option. At that point you should be able to choose the album you want to put the file it, browse to the pictures on your phone, choose one, then upload file.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

shinnlinger

Ok,  I get to the gallery and I can choose one file at a time and an album but the browse button is "dead" and does nothing.  If I hit uP load it tells
Me I have to select a
File but it won't let me
Shinnlinger

POSTON WIDEHEAD

When you get to Gallery, then click on MY gallery at the top. Once you have entered your gallery, then just click on the picture you want. After you click on the pic you want, scroll down in that window and you will see....."Insert picture into post". Click it. Your pic should now be inserted into your post.  :)

If I'm to far ahead....do you have pics in your forum gallery yet?

Jeff

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 05, 2012, 10:52:23 PM
When you get to Gallery, then click on MY gallery at the top. Once you have entered your gallery, then just click on the picture you want. After you click on the pic you want, scroll down in that window and you will see....."Insert picture into post". Click it. Your pic should now be inserted into your post.  :)

We are talking about a mobile phone. I don't think any of that applies to the mobile version. The first problem he needs to figure out is the upload from the phone to the gallery.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on September 05, 2012, 10:57:30 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 05, 2012, 10:52:23 PM

We are talking about a mobile phone. I don't think any of that applies to the mobile version. The first problem he needs to figure out is the upload from the phone to the gallery.

Your right Jeff. I have an Apple computer so I thought I might help since he has an Apple I-phone.
I guess the mobile must be a little different.

Warbird

shinnlinger, please confirm which browser you are using.

shinnlinger

I have an iphonecwith safari.  I downloaded picu or whatever Jeff recommended. 
Shinnlinger

terry f

I have downloaded picup on my ipad, put the pictures on picup, now does anyone know how to get the photos to my gallery from my ipad?

Jeff

Use the picup browser to go to the gallery, go to the upload page, choose the simple one file uploader, select an album, browse to your photo, then select it then click upload file.

shinnlinger

Jeff,

When you say "Use the picup browser to go to the gallery"  which gallery are you speaking of?  The one on my phone or the one on the forum?  Either way, I can not figure out how to make the Picup image do anything, but I can get an image in picup. 

Do I select the picup browser by going to the FF gallery first?  if so, how?

Can i use the "mobile version" of the forum on my iphone or do i need to go to the full site on my iPhone? 

Dave
Shinnlinger

Jeff

barbender

I have uploaded photos to my gallery from my android, but I can't get them from gallery to post, I can only open one window at a time with the phone. What am I missing?
Too many irons in the fire

Jeff

It's pretty awkward getting the photo code to the post with a phone

Are you sure there is not two windows open, but you can only see one at a time? You might give this a try. Starting with the post window open, then use the gallery link that is at the top of that page, navigate to your photo, click the insert photo, then come back to the post window and see if the code is there.

If that does not work:

What you need to do is go to the photo you want to use, navigate down the page to where you see a text box with the code that will make the photo appear in the post. You need to copy that code, and paste it in your post box where you want the photo to appear. 

barbender

Thanks Jeff, I'll try that out. Another problem I'm having is my phone is not giving me the option to copy and paste. I'll keep trying ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!