iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

W and H

Started by woodmills1, August 10, 2012, 07:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

anyone have a williams and Hussey

and are they that good?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Larry

I've ran one and yes they are that good for short runs.  I lusted after one for 10 years but never found one in my price range.  I picked up a Grizzly (Shop Fox) clone when they had a sale four years ago.  It has done a great job and I've ran a bunch with it.  The Grizzly appears to be an exact clone of the W&H but they missed the mark on one accord.  With the cantilever head on the W&H you can run any width...think end grain on a fancy door.  With the Grizzly it is restricted to 7" width...they don't tell you that unless you ask.  There is a work around but it is awkward and maybe unsafe.

In any case I'm still looking for a W&H but I'll keep the Grizzly until one comes along.  I also have a Belsaw, and had a 18" Woodmaster for a while.  There good machines but the W&H is better for short moulding runs.  Takes about five minutes to install a couple of knives.  Head runs at 8,000 rpm giving a better cut on figured wood.  When not in us it hides in a corner and doesn't take up much room.

I order custom knives out of Kansas City.  Next day delivery if needed.  I have knife steel and can grind my own if needed faster.  It really shines at duplicating moulding no longer available.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!