iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sunshade 1.0, less than a stellar design, but I'm glad I had it

Started by Delawhere Jack, August 06, 2012, 05:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delawhere Jack

It was ONLY 85-86 deg when I wrapped up a job today, but the sun and the humidity were BRUTAL. Did I mention there was zero breeze?

Luckily, I taught myself to balance an umbrella on the back of my neck while I run the mill.....Hey, I've got a lot of free time..... :'(

BTW, had my first "blade meets clamp" incident today... :-[  I blame the heat..

Dave? Dave? Dave?..........

Chuck White

Dave; Your umbrella works, so who cares what it looks like!

I've been going to get over to Tractor Supply and pick up an umbrella for the sun, to mount on my LT40.

Sometimes that sun can be brutal!  whiteflag_smiley
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bandmiller2

Jack,thats the Mary Poppins option,mayby swipe the one off the patio table,its bigger. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: bandmiller2 on August 07, 2012, 08:54:46 PM
Jack,thats the Mary Poppins option,mayby swipe the one off the patio table,its bigger. Frank C.

Did I mention that I'm running a shoestring budget at the moment? ;D

It's all good, I'll be diving in all or nothing VERY SOON. The work is out there, I just hate to go into debt any more than is absolutely necessary.

DR Buck

Here's my solution

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

thecfarm

By the looks of your wallet in your pocket looks like you should loosen up with some of that cash.  :D A good idea to help out with the sun.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fat olde elf

Frank C. is right about the patio table umbrella. A lot bigger and you can crank it up and down.  My BP med requires that I work in the shade, don't ask how I found out about that.  Or you can build a nice building like Custom sawyer and WDH. 
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Thank You Sponsors!