iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Chainsaw First Wood.

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, August 06, 2012, 12:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I finally got up and moving. I took all day Sunday to lounge around (sleep) after driving home from the Pig Roast Saturday night/Sunday morning.

This is the first new chainsaw I have used in over 15 years. It starts easy, runs great and cuts very nice, very good power to weight ratio. smiley_thumbsup

Thank you Forestry Forum I had a great time at the Pig Roast. Thank you Bailey's, I am wearing your Wild Ass jeans as I write this, and thank you Danny for the excellent coaching. 8) 

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

tyb525

Ironically my mom bought the same saw a few years ago, I am not allowed to use it ;D

I did get to try it out at first, I liked it, but I still prefer my Stihls ;)

I think an 18" bar would give it a little more grunt (I think yours has a 20"?)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Weekend_Sawyer

Ty, yes it is a 20. It seems to have plenty of power. My Stihl 028 is gettin pretty long in the tooth, I'm thinkin I'll be reaching for this saw for a while.  ;D

tyb525

Congrats, I'm sure you'll enjoy it ;D
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: tyb525 on August 06, 2012, 02:28:29 PM
Ironically my mom bought the same saw a few years ago. ;D

Your Mom runs a chainsaw? COOL!  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

tyb525

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 06, 2012, 05:50:02 PM

Yes, occasionally. I usually try to get to cutting the winter's firewood so she doesn't get the chance to :D

muddstopper

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 06, 2012, 05:50:02 PM

My mom is 75 and will run a chainsaw, tablesaw, skil saw and a tractor. She used to drive a pulpwood truck, drive a dirt track car and whooped my butt with a coffee perculator power cord. I try to get her to quit all that stuff, but she wont listen. 

gspren

I am the one he beat to win the saw and I guess he needed it more since I just got a new 261 Stihl last winter. On the ride home I thought it would have been neet to see him win the BBQ grill instead just so we could watch him strap that on the Harley! The pig roast was great and Baileys and the other sponsers made it extra good, I will be sending an order in soon.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Carlton

That Husky has plenty of power for the 20" bar!! I have one identical and love it, one thing though with the Huskies do not use cheap 2 stroke oil!! Mine will run on the hot side if I use the cheaper 2 stroke oils.

Weekend_Sawyer

Thanks Carlton,

I hope I'm not violating a warranty or the chainsaw unwritten rule of thal shalt not mix brands but I'm using my Stihl chainsaw mix with it. Same ratio, seems to run fine. ;)

Carlton

I think most manufacturers want you to use their brand to honor their warranty. But I wont tell because I use a different brand in mine than the husky brand for the simple fact that iI would have to drive 30 miles 1 way to buy it. :-X

thecfarm

Nice saw you won there. Glad you like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I still like the "take home smile".   :)

And I did not have to remind Jon to smile.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!