iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

N.E. pulp market

Started by grassfed, August 03, 2012, 01:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grassfed

I just spoke to TR Dillon log yard in Burke Vt. and they said that they have stopped buying Aspen/HW pulp as of yesterday. They told me to check back on the 13th. Anyone in the Maine,Vt , NH, NY,QC area hear anything? 
Mike

jd540b

I have zero quota for aspen groundwood this month into Verso in Jay, ME.

Ed_K

Cersosimo s.VT. shut popple and w/pine down a week ago according to my trucker.
Ed K

grassfed

I did some research and found this "Bucksport, Jay Verso mills to see more work, but not more jobs, from closure of Minnesota facility'

Quotehttp://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/03/business/bucksport-jay-verso-mills-to-see-more-work-but-not-more-jobs-from-closure-of-minnesota-facility/

So maybe things will pick up after the 13th??

I have a WHIP clear cut with lots of aspen that I need to complete. I could not cut until Aug. because of bird nesting in WHIP contract. Called T.R. and they tell me that they stopped buying aspen as of AUG 1. I will never enter into another gov contract again to much BS it costs me more time and money than it is worth!!
Mike

g_man

Quote from: grassfed on August 04, 2012, 11:40:37 AM
I have a WHIP clear cut with lots of aspen that I need to complete. I could not cut until Aug. because of bird nesting in WHIP contract. Called T.R. and they tell me that they stopped buying aspen as of AUG 1. I will never enter into another gov contract again to much BS it costs me more time and money than it is worth!!

That's to bad. I have heard others make similar comments. They make those WHIP deals sound like a win/win situation but the cards are always stacked their way. It has made me leery enough to stay away. Hope it turns out OK for you in the end.

beenthere

WHIP meaning the Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program ?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

grassfed

QuoteWHIP meaning the Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program ?
Yep
Mike

Woodhauler

Quote from: jd540b on August 03, 2012, 04:46:34 PM
I have zero quota for aspen groundwood this month into Verso in Jay, ME.
Tried to send you a pm,said i'm blocked. I got qouta if you need!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

thecfarm

Softwood pulp is on the downside in Jay and don't look good even this winter.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!