iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mini forward build

Started by redneck logger, August 06, 2012, 09:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redneck logger

im just trying to figure out before i buy all my parts whats the best thing to do have it a hydraulic motors or chain drive front axles and electric or hydro motors for bach axles also it is going to be 8x8 and articulate in the middle so if anyone has suggestions as to how to go about with this please let me know :P
got to love working in the woods

shelbycharger400

look at old trenchers!
buddy has a case davis trencher i have been eyeballin that is already modified with the trencher cut off.  its a 12wd
they range in the 1500- 3000 range,  you just cant build one for that price, then modify what ya need to.

sprucebunny

How big do you expect it to be ?
What size wheel/tire ?
Hydraulic stuff is expensive unless you can scavenge it and the RPMs happen to work out...
Where are you getting/(making?) the pivot ?
What weight/volume do you expect it to carry ?
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jamie_C

With an 8wd i assume you are going to be needing bogies ... these won't come cheap and you should see what you need to power them ...

You might be better off finding something that you can modify into a small forwarder instead of building from the ground up.

snowstorm

hydra motors will still need a gear box for gear reduction. they offer no brakeing help on down grades. hystat will. good luck with your build

lumberjack48

Your in the process of building a mini forward, i ran in to this place that might have just what you might need, don't hurt to look its interesting what they have.
I hope this is all right with Jeff.
http://www.do-bid.com/cgi-bin/mndetails.cgi?dobid16
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Thank You Sponsors!