iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ATV ?

Started by Woodhauler, July 31, 2012, 07:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Any of you guys got a side by side? Thinking about trading my atv in on one. Sorta hung up on either the new artic cat wildcat or the can am commander.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Woodhauler on July 31, 2012, 07:18:19 PM
Any of you guys got a side by side? Thinking about trading my atv in on one.

A REFRIGERATOR ?  say_what
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Woodhauler

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 31, 2012, 07:47:21 PM
Quote from: Woodhauler on July 31, 2012, 07:18:19 PM
Any of you guys got a side by side? Thinking about trading my atv in on one.

A REFRIGERATOR ?  say_what
Don't be a wise........  A side by side atv!!!!  With a fridge wouldn't be bad !
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Norm

I have a JD gator and really like it not so much for who makes it but for having a dump box and side by side seating. Tons of accessories too.

bugdust

The old Rhino has served us faithfully for several years now. Knock-on-Wood.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Ironwood

2005 HPX diesel Gator, works for me. One of my estates that I do work for has Gators, Mules, Rangers, and some other cool stuff (Goldini, Amphibious 6/8 wheelers, etc....) I have driven nearly all of them.  I think the biggest question is, how will YOU use yours. Then you can answer most likely best fit. My Gator is no hotrod, BUT man it gets the work done, day in day out. It is moving EVERY day. Check out my gallery for various pics.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

scsmith42

I have a Polaris Ranger 6 wheeler.  It's the most used piece of equipment on the farm.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Norm

I haul my remote fuel tank, seeder, sprayer and on occasion the other blonde in my life....

She's probably still there waiting for the next ride.  :D

giant splinter

I think you are on the right track with your favorite ones,I have a Rhino and it does many things very well though there has been a time or two when I would have liked a more powerful and larger rig for some of the tasks at hand. My next one will be the Kubota or J.D. with a cab for all the heavier tasks and chores. One rancher near by has a Suzuki 4WD flatbed cabover mini truck he found used for around $3500.00 and it is slightly larger than a side by side but it works great and does what he needs,I have seen them on golf courses .. Mitsubishi and Daihatsu make similar ones as well.
roll with it

sandhills

My old boss bought one just before I left, it was a Polaris and I loved it, I would trade my 4 wheeler for one in a heartbeat if I had the money.  As far as brands I think it's kind of a "to each his own", personally I prefer Honda, after one little bike, a 3 wheeler, and a 4 wheeler (all Hondas) and seeing the amount of abuse they've all taken and kept on going I'd love to have one of the Big Red side by sides.  My neighbors/close friends both run Arctic Cat 4 wheelers and have for years, they love them and swear by them, and they USE them, I wouldn't shy away from that brand either.

dewwood

We have the Kubota which comes with a Kubota diesel(3 cyl) and a 3 speed transmission.  It runs forever on a tank of fuel and is also very well built.  It has a hydraulic pump and full hydraulic dump bed.  I have a 6' snow plow for mine and a soft cab which I remove in summer.  Boss thought we didn't really need one but now I have trouble getting my turn to use it.  Matter of fact she has it right now.  Like someone else said it is the most used "tool" on the place.  One other benefit, the grandkids love to go for rides.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Woodhauler

I am not looking for one for work, only for play!  The wildcat that arctic cat puts out is strickly for riding, yet the can am commander has a nice size cargo area.

Ironwood

If for play, look for one of the over powered highly suspended units. They ARE crazy fast. Dangerous Dan (here on FF) has had several Razors, and MY GOD, those things fly. Almost scary, NO definitely SCARY.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

BCinVT

Can't go wrong with a Ranger in my book.Works hard and plays hard.
I don't think I know it all. I know enough to ask now.To bad it took so long to figure that out:)

Woodhauler

Quote from: Ironwood on August 01, 2012, 11:55:26 PM
If for play, look for one of the over powered highly suspended units. They ARE crazy fast. Dangerous Dan (here on FF) has had several Razors, and MY GOD, those things fly. Almost scary, NO definitely SCARY.

Ironwood
My 08 thundercat will do high 70s low 80s !  Thats a stock utility 4x4 atv!

martyinmi

Ironwood
[/quote]My 08 thundercat will do high 70s low 80s !  Thats a stock utility 4x4 atv!
[/quote]

Man, I'm getting old! That, or you folks are nuts!!! Our Kubota 900 zips along at a speedy 27 mph on the flats, and I've got it up to 30 going down hill. That is fast enough for me anymore. 8) I think my Sportsman 500 will go over 50, but I've never done it. A 50 mph spill would create a bunch of road rash. I couldn't fathom a wipe out at 80.
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

John Mc

My 1960's era Coot maxes out somewhere between 15 and 20 MPH, but then, it wasn't built for speed (but it does float... or at least it will when I finish welding up the holes in the tubs).
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Ironwood

Ditto, my HPX Gator does 25-30 mph (taller tires than stock, bought aftermarket steel 12" wheel to be able to upgrade to better tires). All the newer units run 12" rims from the factory. I also was going to retro fit front spring stiffeners for my heavy duty uses, but low and behold JD started offering them just before I "went there", so just got them from JD. If you buy anytihng with 10" rims tire selection is SCANT. 12" allows all sorts of options.

Ironwood

Woodhauler

Well i went and picked up a 2013 can am commander xt 1000 yesturday! Allm i can say is WOW! I thought my thundercat had nuts but for a sxs this thing is crazy! 8)

thecfarm

That's a side by side? Picture?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ironwood

Overpowered and over suspended. WOW 85 mph. Yes, a side by side.

Ironwood

Thank You Sponsors!