iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Man down!!!!

Started by Woodhauler, July 26, 2012, 07:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

One of they guys i haul for got clobbered today by a big oak top! Dislocated his shoulder and when it knocked him down he hit his head on a sharp rock gashing it open! Nothing broken but he is in rough shape!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Autocar

I will say a special prayer for him tonight , everyone of us face that same danger every day we leave the house for the woods. And every day I come home safe I thank the man up stairs  ;)
Bill

Okrafarmer

Those falling trees can do you in. And oaks don't give too much. . . . just glad it was a popple log that hit me in the head when I was younger, not an oak.  :-\  Hope he's ok. Wonder if it's anyone I know. Probably not.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

thecfarm

One of Maine wonderful rocks strikes again. That is too bad.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Murphydog

Quote from: Woodhauler on July 26, 2012, 07:43:36 PM
One of they guys i haul for got clobbered today by a big oak top! Dislocated his shoulder and when it knocked him down he hit his head on a sharp rock gashing it open! Nothing broken but he is in rough shape!
Accidents happen so quickly,folk have just got to really extra careful but we don't always think that at the time.

lumberjack48

I've cut blowdown that nobody else would go in, my father said i was crazy. I just about got hit hundred's of times. The thing is i fore played what was going to happen in the next 1,2 or 3 seconds when making a cut, so i was ready.
Every time a got hit was when i least expected it.

This guy got lucky this time, i'm sure glad it wasn't worse.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

stoneeaglefarm

Hope he heals well, No matter how good you are in the woods sooner or later you get your butt kicked by the trees your cutting, I sure hope he heals well and finds himself back on the wood horse. Good luck

Okrafarmer

Quote from: thecfarm on July 27, 2012, 08:09:22 AM
One of Maine wonderful rocks strikes again. That is too bad.

Yes, if you fall down in Maine, the odds are heavy that you will fall onto a rock.  :-\
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Woodhauler

Little update!  Got more info, broken nose, broken collar bone, puntured lung and many stiches in his head! He will be down for a long time!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Autocar

Broken collar bone  :o I had a limb fall out of a tree and broke mine one thing for sure he will learn how to roll out of bed, theres know just getting up it is painful.
Bill

Okrafarmer

Ouch, that's terrible. You don't have to tell us his name, but can you say what town this happened in?

Woodhauler

Quote from: Okrafarmer on July 27, 2012, 11:10:19 PM
Ouch, that's terrible. You don't have to tell us his name, but can you say what town this happened in?
Happened in waldoboro, he is from warren.

Ed_K

That awful,I got knocked down by a small black birch top and that hurt alot.Prayer's for a quick recovery.
Ed K

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Woodhauler on July 29, 2012, 06:39:39 AM
Quote from: Okrafarmer on July 27, 2012, 11:10:19 PM
Happened in waldoboro, he is from warren.

Ah, I have a cousin in Waldoboro. I hope he's doing better now.

Woodhauler

He says that he is going to try the skidder next week! Tuff old guy!

Thank You Sponsors!