iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Goop

Started by Magicman, July 25, 2012, 06:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I do not know why I am always amazed at the way that stuff works.  It seems to be the stickiest of the silicone sealants, cures rather quickly, and holds big time.

There are many different "types" of Goop, but I was told by a factory representative that they are all the same.  The different names are to target different markets.  So it matters not whether you use Plumbers, Household, RV, Marine, etc.  They are all the same and that Goop works.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Kinda looks like Kiwi glue or Shoe Goo.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Can ya stick a weed whacker back together with GOOP ?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tyb525

Tried that, and shoe goo, on shoes and they never hold longer than a day or two.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

sandhills

I've never seen that, who carries it?  Thanks, seems I always have something falling apart (if not everything).

SwampDonkey

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 25, 2012, 08:51:23 PM

Maybe, if it's one of them home owner ones that get used twice a year for 10 mins. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

submarinesailor

Quote from: tyb525 on July 26, 2012, 12:24:56 AM
Tried that, and shoe goo, on shoes and they never hold longer than a day or two.

Works real good for me.  As a matter of fact.  Anytime we go out into the woods/fishing/hunting for a long period of time, we always make sure we bring a tube along - for shoes and many other things.

Bruce

CHARLIE

I've used Shoe Goo for many, many years and fixed, with success, shoes, boots, tenny boppers, baseball gloves, trim on cars and best of all my waders.  On my waders, a pinhole just gets a dab but a tear gets a rubber patch stuck on with shoe Goo.  In my shop I use a product called E-6000.  I'm a believer! 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

moosehunter

Around these parts "GOOP" is a hand cleaner used by part time mechanics. I say part time because if you use the stuff every day it will take the skin off your hands!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

SwampDonkey

For hand cleaner around grease we use a citrus hand cleaner. You can get it with pumice or without. Takes the grease or pine pitch off right quick.

tyb525

I have used the e-6000 stuff and love it. For some reason I've never had luck with the shoe goo.

I love the Goop hand cleaner, seems I use it everyday.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

shelbycharger400

my fav "goop"  is permetex in the cheeze wiz can,   You will warp and pry to get the valve covers back off with that

other than that, my other fav "goop" is the 3m  super weather strip adhesive.  the yellow or the black.  yellow is by far the most sticky.  It dosnt come off without some sort of solvent.. scrapers dont even work.

John_Haylow

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 25, 2012, 08:51:23 PM

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

DouginUtah

I did a detailed test of adhesives several years ago--wood to concrete. Of 10+ tested E-6000 was the best.

http://eclecticproducts.com/

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Al_Smith

If "goop " type hand cleaner will peal the hide off you I'd have been skinless years ago .

It works great for your greasey old overalls .Just rub a bunch on and toss them in the washing machine ---Hints from Heloise .

SwampDonkey

Al, I hope it got the grease out. Any petroleum based soil in clothes in not recommended to be washed because of fire risk. In a laundromat someone tossed diesel soiled clothes in to wash and luckily for everyone laundering they were all outside of the place because an explosion blew out the side of a brick building. The driers ran on natural gas. But even so, my washer, and I suspect any newer ones, have a warning on the underside lid. ;)

Weekend_Sawyer

Charley, why are you gluing teeny boppers together  ???
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

sandhills

Easier to keep track of them, I may have to try that with mine  :D

tcsmpsi

Quote from: shelbycharger400 on July 26, 2012, 04:50:51 PM
my fav "goop"  is permetex in the cheeze wiz can,   You will warp and pry to get the valve covers back off with that

other than that, my other fav "goop" is the 3m  super weather strip adhesive.  the yellow or the black.  yellow is by far the most sticky.  It dosnt come off without some sort of solvent.. scrapers dont even work.

Gorilla snot.  ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

DeepWoods

My 20 year old neoprene waders were leaking this spring when I went to put the dock in.  Had a tube of goop and it sealed them right up.  No leaks yet, and seams to stay flexible.  Also used it on a pair of my wife's shoes a while back and still holding strong.  Good stuff.
Norwood LM2000 with 23 HP Briggs and 21 foot track, Hand Built Logging Arch, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and Setter. 48" Xtreme Duty Logrite Cant Hook.

logboy

We use Shoe Goo on our log rolling shoes all the time. Works great, even though they're in the water every day.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

CHARLIE

:D That's TENNY BOPPERS....not Teeny Boppers.

Tenny Boppers = Tennis Shoes
Kicks = Shoes

Now y'all is edumacated. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Magicman

Just a question.  Is Shoe Goo and Goop the same product with different packaging for marketing?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Magicman

Thanks SD.  I know that it is a very versatile general purpose silicone adhesive.

JOE.G

I have been using The Goop Glue for a long time, At one time I picked Up the different versions, Plumber,Automotive,Homeowner etc, They all seemed to be the same even though the back of the package had different star ratings for different applications. I just use the Plumbers version now, and I have used it in all kinds of application. Works great.
Husqvarna 562XP Woods Ported .025 pop up MM
Husqvarna Rancher 55 2005
Husqvarna 450 Anniversary Edition 2010
STIHL 009 1998
STIHL HT 131 Pole Saw 2012
STIHL FS 110 R Trimmer 2010
STIHL BR 600 Magnum Blower 2012

Magicman

A Goop factory rep told me that all Goop was the same.  It was just packaged differently for different markets.   ???

Thank You Sponsors!