iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill mod questions

Started by sully, July 24, 2012, 11:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sully

I have the tk 1600,   It is a 2009 so it does not have the hyd. log clamps.  I am going to add the bi directional clamp but am curious if If I should add one or two. I am making these myself so price will not be as bad.  Just curious if you guys with more time sawing than me wish you had more than one at certain times. Thanks for your time and input.  Sully

Ga Mtn Man

Sully,

What's the log length capacity of your 1600?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

sully

I think it is 17'  I was thinking I would use the two clamps when i need to turn boards on there side and saw multiple boards.

york

If your going to edge on the mill,ya better have two clamps.....albert
Albert

Sawmill Man

You will do fine with one, as long as it is in the center.
"I could have sworn I went over that one with the metal detector".

york

It all depends what direction your band is cutting-if it cuts running towards the post,you can get by with just one clamp-but if band cuts running towards the clamps,ya better off have two clamps,think about this,albert
Albert

ladylake

One is plenty, 2 would be nice.  If you cant get it quite centered put it closer to the operator end.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!