iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tired of watching.

Started by Jeff, July 23, 2012, 02:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The cable guy has been here for going on 6 hours. Apparently between kids, chipmunks and squirrels, and the original 25 year old cable system, our communications came to a stuttering halt over the last few days. T.V. phone and internet.  I'm whipped watching him. :D    The last straw was when the baseball game kept skipping out yesterday, and then, near the end of the axe auction, we couldn't get on line at all.   >:(   He just now wrapped up and drove off. Almost everything in the house was replaced, but now there is a big yellow cord laying across my yard, the neighbors yard and the neighbors cement driveway with no idea when it can get buried as it has to be run under THEIR driveway.

I bet we loose cable again within a few minutes of my neighbors lawnmower firing up. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseherder

He could of strung it more permanent like branch to branch. :D

lumberjack48

All i know is, i think i was in the wrong business  >:(
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

SwampDonkey

Six of one thing, half a dozen of another. You want all those electronic things, but you also want that cable(s) all put away underground or overhead, and not laying about the neighborhood.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

This is why I love living 200 feet away from the major fiber backbone between here and Anchorage.  ;)  Glad you got your internet back Jeff.  Did you have 500 emails waiting for you?  :)

Jeff

Mostly spam. :D  The email was one thing I'd get. The connection would come and go, so when it came, my email is set to check every couple minutes, so the mail would come in, sound my foghorn alert, I's say, THE INTERNET IS BACK!, go check the forum, and NADA. It would come long enough just to drop my mail and be gone again.  That big yellow cable laying out in the yard is sure zinging along now though.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

clww

Jeff,
Better bury that cable before the Pig Roast. I'm having unpleasant images of a tug of war contest!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

That sounds like a temporary wire that will be used until a new permanent wire is buried.  The high-vis wire is an attempt to prevent it from being damaged, (by the neighbor's lawnmower).   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Cable? What is that? We live so far out they have to pump in sun light. :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WildDog

Jeff glad to see its up and running now for you. We waited 10yrs for the phone company to bury the cable that ran 4 miles down the road draped over the farms boundary fences, their argument was, "Wait untill there is a D9 dozer working in the area". Then the company put some sort of above ground inspection pipe in my bull paddock ???, the Santa Gertrudis enjoyed palying with it.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Thank You Sponsors!