iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Back to Regular Programing

Started by Meadows Miller, July 23, 2012, 09:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday

Well Most of you would have notice I have been pretty quiet on here the last 4 to 5 months  and I am sorry for that but I have been depressed and upset after having everything blew up in my face as usual and wasting 9 months of my life and about $20k of my life savings on someone who was never happy with what they have  :) :) ??? :( :( and thats about all I am going to say about that episode  apart from that I think staying single and focused on my work is the best option for me from here on  ;)

Well I have the  Mill and a truck sitting in PA up at Joe's place now and was planing on getting back to the USA next month to sort out what I am doing with them and get stuck into rebuilding the Jackson Lumber Harvester at Joe's but it looks like things will be delayed a while with that  :( ::) .

As I got home to a couple of messages from old customers wanting timber sawn one of them a large company wanting green sawn pine about 1 million bft before Christmas which I was not going to do at the time and another with small orders for Cypress Pine it was in the process of looking for the cypress pine logs to fill those orders that I ran into Peter a 70yo sawmiller who had retired a few years ago after Sawing and Logging from the age of 14yo I saw an ad he had for excess logs so I rang him and we chatted for a while about the logs then things went over to sawmilling and he told me he had a brand new Varteg Portable Sawmill that he brought years ago and had never used as he had the other mill to which I said I already have plenty of Mills but Ill have a look Mate  ;) anyway we made a date and I went down to have a look at the logs and we struck a deal then spent a good while talking about everything Sawmills Life and Everything under the sun We took a look at the mill and his other gear and I said how much for the mill when he said he would give it to me for 1/3 of what it cost him my jaw dropped and I asked him if he was sure and he then  also told me I can use the Site 80acres with a 60x40 sawmill shed  with 40x40 machinery shed and the w10e Case loader i asked how much and said we would have to sort out some sort of lease/rent for the site and that I would also buy the loader of him in that case he just said Ill just like to come back up here and see the mill run and harrass you  ;) :D :D ;D 8) and im sure Ill find afew hardwood logs for you to mill up for me from time to time Im still abit shocked  :) :o as it sets me up in an area with alot of pine withing a 20 mile radius to do the 1million bft before Christmas but Mum said its happened and we meet for a reason   :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D 8)

Anyway Lifes looking up again and Im looking forward to getting Stuck Inta It  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Norm

Bill Gaiche

Buck

Best Wishes! Sounds really good!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

trapper

Missed you on here and hope things work out for you
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Chuck White

Welcome back Chris!

Looks like good things are happening for you.

That sounds like a really good deal you've got going!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Cypressstump

Seems there are silver linings to those dark clouds afterall.! Congrats Chris... Seems as if things are looking up for for you.

Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Nomad

Welcome back Chris.  Things seem to happen for a reason.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

redbeard

Glad to hear that that your feet are back on the ground and running. Best of luck to you Chris!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

nas

Welcome back Chris.  I can see you're still not quite right >:( :( :o  There's not enough smilies in your post :) ;) :D :D :D 8) :) :D >:( 8)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

thecfarm

He's back........into sawing that is.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodchuck53

Sorry for your troubles but glad to hear things are turning around for you. They usally do for the good guys. Good to see you again.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

sandhills

Nice to have you back, I was wondering where all those smilies went, best of luck to you!

fuzzybear

Every bad event in our lives is just one door closing so that the next adventure can begin. Bad times suck..period..but they are always a stepping stone and will be lost in time. You are on the right track for your next great adventure. Good luck my friend.
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Thanks Guys Im looking forward to getting back sawing  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)as I havn't done much of anything productive over the last 10 months   ::) :(

Regards Chris

bandmiller2

Good to have you back Chris,love and sawmilling are never easy, but at least you have some control of the saw. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Okrafarmer

Was wondering what happened to you. Sorry you went through all that. So I guess you're going to live in Oz after all. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you while you were here.  :-\
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

WildDog

Can't keep a good man down, ;) welcome back mate
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Old Hilly

Things are lookin up, welcome back mate.
Dennis.

Meadows Miller

Quote from: Okrafarmer on July 25, 2012, 09:32:02 PM
Was wondering what happened to you. Sorry you went through all that. So I guess you're going to live in Oz after all. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you while you were here.  :-\

Mate Ill Be Back  ;) To many good friends to meet and cool toys err Tools to get so we will meet one of these days Mate  :) ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Meadows Miller

Quote from: nas on July 23, 2012, 07:05:47 PM
Welcome back Chris.  I can see you're still not quite right >:( :( :o  There's not enough smilies in your post :) ;) :D :D :D 8) :) :D >:( 8)

Nick

:D :D Nick im sure there will be another notorious 100 grinner one of these days Mate  ;) :D ;D 8)

Meadows Miller

Thanks Frank  ;D thats too true love makes tuning a bloody sawmill seem easy  Mate  ;) ;D 8) Wild dog & Dennis I think personally that you have to look at the up side of anything you get thrown in life I spent three months down but got home to more work and logs than I can shake a sawmill at  :) ;) :D ;D ;D 8) 8) that being said I still think the USA has alot going for it if your willing to have a crack and do the hard yards  :) ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris

Okrafarmer

Y'u kin do it, mate, come on, give it a go! A spanner in the works and a crook shift and back, won't douse yer petrol fer too long! Hopefully you've still got the old Chamberlain and Meadows to get back to-- your biggest mistake was not bringing your Chamberlain with you when you shifted!  ;D Well, tell the roo's g'day for me, don't forget to clutch when you change gears, and don't bog the ute in the paddock.  :D :D :D  :)
8) 8) 8) 8)  ;)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

barbender

Okra, where did you pick up all the aussie?
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!