iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New EZ Mill

Started by xulgiy, July 22, 2012, 05:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xulgiy

Hello,

I just purchased a new EZ Boardwalk Jr and I'm all excited.  I'm new to all of this, but so far so good.  A few things I can say right off the bat is that the mill is very well built, simple, and easy to use.  So far I milled (yesterday) I milled 47 2X4s out of pine, and 37 1x what ever they ended up.  All the boards ended up straight except the one red maple I tried to mill.  The lumber looked awful....all crooked and wavy.

All of that being said, Ed and his wife are the best people in the world to deal with

Thanks to all of your posts, I'm finally making lumber from our own lot.

John

ladylake

Try a sharp blade on the red maple, if still not sraight post again.   Steve

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new mill. I believe we have hooked another.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nomad

Another one bites the (saw) dust.  Welcome aboard. 
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

fishpharmer

Welcome aboard!   8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, and congratulations on your new mill purchase, too. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ga Mtn Man

I got to run an EZ BW 40 when I was looking at mills.  If I had bought a manual mill it would have been one of the top contenders.  Very well built and thought out.

Congrats on the new mill and welcome to The Forestry Forum.  I know it's going to be difficult, but remember you still have a life away from the mill. :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum,    xulgiy, and congrats on the purchase of the EZ.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

xulgiy

Thanks everyone...There will be lots of questions in the next couple of weeks, I'm sure!  All I need to do now is rig up a good set of forks for my 8N and the old dearborn loader.

Bogue Chitto

hackberry jake

I have had the jr for about 2 yrs. you won't be disappointed. It will handle a 30' log an that's about as much as my support equipment will handle anyways so it works out great. 2 years and 9,500 bf so far and not one breakdown. I use the lightweight "cornhead" grease on the guide wheels before I run it each time, and I grease everything else with mystic red about once a month. 1/3 bar oil and 2/3 diesel for blade lube. The only thing I want to change about the mill is hydraulics... It's coming up on the project list.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

thecfarm

xulgiy,welcome to the forum. good choice on tractors too.What's all the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

paul case

Welcome and congrats on the new mill.
Where is home to ya?

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

nas

Welcome and congrats 8) 8)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

xulgiy

I live in Marlow NH.  We are milling timbers, 2xs and siding for a small 20x30 slaughtering facility for my wife.  20x20 pavillian area and a 10x20 kitchen with a 8x8 walk-in cooler off the back.  Just a small custom shop for your chickens and pigs.... ;D

Meadows Miller

Gday

Congrats on the New Mill and Welcome to The Forum  ;) ;D ;D Sounds like you a fair old project on the go and not to many Butchers around these days you and your wife  should do alright out of it Mate  ;) ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

kgbond

Welcome and best of luck with the new mill.
Kimball

dblair

Welcome to the Forum , now you can enjoy for years to come . you may also dig out the old posts and check things of interest .
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

Bill Gaiche

Welcome and good luck with the new mill. bg

Klicker

My wife is from NH and we are doing chickens today.
2006 LT 40 HD

xulgiy

That's funny.  My wife is doing chickens today as well.

DDobbs

Just got home from a couple hours with Ed ,wow what a nice guy! Awswered all of my questions. Showed me both the EZ Jr. & EZ40 nice mills
EZ Boardwalk 40
Ez Boradwalk Jr.sold 11/7/2015
Stihl 650 Stihl 290

Woodchuck53

Welcome aboard and enjoy yourself. We like pictures.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

xulgiy

So Dobbs,  What do you think?  still shopping or placing an order?

Guys,  if i run diesel for lube.. how much flow should I have to the blade?  When using water and soap, I pour it on at a pretty good drip.

paul case

The diesel as lube worked well for me and didn't use much. a drip every few seconds was usually enough. Now I am using water as lube and go through 5 to 8 gallons in a day. IT depends on what you are cutting. The blade will tell you. It must be kept clean of sap buildup or it will not cut well. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!