iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Photo of my clucth that I building

Started by Jaws, March 07, 2004, 06:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaws

Me and my brother are building a portable sawsmills.
I building a clutch for our 20 HP honda.

Clutch parts

Clutch assembly

Complete clutch assembly with 6" diam pulley

8)

Tom

Well, aren't you Handy.  I wish I had the "whatever it takes" to attempt something like that. :)

Jaws

The first trial...
06-03-2004

:D

Before painting and adjustments...

EZ

Boy, them pictures sure been back memories. ;D Looks good, looks real good, hows it saw.
So that clutch thingy, when you rev up the motor, them pie shape things slam against that drum, right.
EZ

beav

looks awesome. ;) is that a propane tank on it?

Jaws

Beav
Yes it is well a propane tank which will be used as tank has oil for the hydraulic pump. It is a hydraulic pump of car honda.(power steering pump)

:D

Fla._Deadheader

Nice job ;)  I especially like the clutch. Very nice work, indeed.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jaws

The pump is instally diredtly on the motor engine

:-*

Jaws

We have to install a hydraulic jack to hold the tension of the blade, I would like to know has which pressure we must hold the blade (in PSI) the blade has 1"1/4 per 156" and our wheels have 20".
 ???
 ???

D._Frederick

Jaws,

Nice job on the clutch, if you are using carbon blades with a thickness of 0.042, the pressure should be in the range of 2000-2200 lbs of force on the wheels. This gives a stress on the blade of 1000lbs/square inch.
You made a good choice going with steel band wheels.

Bob_T

Jaws,

It looks like a beautiful machine, and a nice shop too.  

Does the clutch need any kind of return spring system to keep it disengaged at low speed?  

Are the rollers for a resawing feed?

Sorry for all the questions and congratulations on a fine job.

Bob
1959 FWD Model 286 Dump Truck
1955 Allis Chalmers HD-6G Crawler Loader
1941 GMC CCKW 6X6
Wood-Mizer LT30 G18

Norm

Very nice Jaws, on the mill and clutch. Great pics, thanks.

shopteacher

Very nice job on the mill and the clutch.  What did you make the shoes for the clutch from?  Did you machine the outer drum and pulley? What material is the drum made of?  What type of engine are you using?
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Stump Jumper

8) THATS IMPRESIVE 8) GREAT JOB JAWS
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

redpowerd

lots of questions :o
are those hydraulic bunks? whats the head move with? is that an atv engine? do you do custom parts milling? does the tire on top of the other make it self-propeled? :D

thats a nice lookin rig, man! ;) paint it red! ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

slowzuki

Quotedoes the tire on top of the other make it self-propeled?

That is the front tire of the tractor parked next to it I think :D

Jason_WI

What size pully is on your clutch. I may be interested in one if the size is right.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

AtLast

VERY impressive...well done.....looks like alot of thought went into it all.

newguy

Nice looking clutch!

What did you use for band wheels and where did you get them?  I am building a mill myself.
Still buildin', soon to run home brew cant. head

D._Frederick

Newguy,

The picture of the mill shows Vee belt pulleys being used for the band wheels. Most large cities have outlets that handle only bearings, check with them and see if they handle the Browning product line. Browning makes these large diameter Vee belt pulleys.

newguy

Hello again Jaws,

I thought yours looked like regular band wheels.  I have been considering the V-belt Sheeve route but I wasn't sure what kind of performance I would be able to get.  What blade width are you runnning?  Are you running a belt in the V? and one more question is it a "C" section belt sheeve?

Thanks for your help.

Newguy
Still buildin', soon to run home brew cant. head

Jaws

Bob_T
I installed a spring in the center of my blocks which are made in 2 parts. See the photo. The rollers are used for to help has to position the log.

newguy
I use a Maska pulley of 20 1/4".(150. CDN$ each). My blade has 1 1/4" and I run a belt in the V. The last question I'am not understand. ( I'am french and I have difficult with the english language, sorry). For more details got to Maska site.
http://www.maskapulleys.com/index.html

Jason
I use a 6" pulleys on my clutch.It's just one test, we are just one log to cut.

Old Butch
The shoe are made with "brake lining". I have milling all the pieces of clutch. The drum is made with one old cylinder tubing.Our engine is a Honda V TWIN 20 H.P. (Gas)

8)

Thank You Sponsors!