iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

getting lifted

Started by steve phillips, July 17, 2012, 11:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve phillips

hey all
had a fellow tell me about and fork lift , one of those backwards running tractors . said the price is right too. i go by there tomorrow and find out more info
if its not broke dont fix it !!!!

Magicman

This could be interesting.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cypressstump

Sounds like you've found something like I recently bought.  There must be a run on excess backwards forklifts eh ? ?  :D
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

steve phillips

well i did it , got me a massey ferguson 204 forklift . 1000.to the door   pictures to come , its pretty.......not lol

steve phillips

anyone need a lift to town , the wife and i are driving it to church tomorrow lol

Magicman

:D  Now that is a real cat's meow, but I gotta ask was it factory made that way or did someone do some very innovative modifications  ???  Envy is green, so I will just say congratulations.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

steve phillips

hey mm
it is factory made . the 204 was made into a lot of stuff . forklifts,backhoe,front end loader shuttle style. but aint she a pretty thing . i told carol i was taking her to dinner on it tonite. didnt get no reply lol

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: steve phillips on July 21, 2012, 01:02:23 PM
hey mm
it is factory made . the 204 was made into a lot of stuff . forklifts,backhoe,front end loader shuttle style. but aint she a pretty thing . i told carol i was taking her to dinner on it tonite. didnt get no reply lol

Go through the "Drive Through". When they ask you do you need a fork?......."No thanks......brought my own".
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

nas

Quote from: steve phillips on July 21, 2012, 11:32:16 AM
anyone need a lift to town , the wife and i are driving it to church tomorrow lol
That's what we want the pictures of 8)  Make sure you wash and wax it first.  The tractor, not the wife ;) ;D

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

oscar4749

Steve, That should work real good for you .All it needs is some tlc.They were good machines I ran a backhoe of same model Not too much to go wrong with them,they are an easy machine to work on.By the way I did work for a M.F. dealer way back when
i don't ever want to be rich i just want $1 more than i ever want to spend (texas joe)

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

JoeBrittany21

Wow that thing is beautiful, it reminds me of a 350B dozer I went to see on Friday. Same color brown and yellow.
Good Luck with her.

b dukes

Great find ! I sure wish I could run across a deal like that. Those MF are great tractors. I have a 285 with 5800 hrs still running great.

barbender

The paint is a little tough but that machine looks solid. Your wife should be proud to take a night on the town with you on it 8)
Too many irons in the fire

steve phillips

hey all
yeah  a bath ,oil change ,exhaust and some tlc.
for a grand and 50 bucks for bringing to me i have a little play room

Ironwood

Heck, I'd buy it for that and I already have 4 here now!

Good deal.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

west penn

I have the twin of that 204 and couldn't get by without it.  It's not pretty but

a great machine!

thecfarm

When it comes to moving wood,pretty does not count.   ;D Nice find steve. Kinda neat the way those old tractors was done with a forklift kit. I have pictures,somewheres,  ::) of an old Ford like that. Saw one done like a road grader,never took pictures of that one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

steve phillips

well we had a slow soft rain all day yesterday and last nite . hit the key this morning to wake up all the neighbors , i cranked right up.
it needs hyd oil in every thing. havent a clue how many tanks it has lol.

Woodchuck53

Steve your way ahead just in the tires. Good score.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Ironwood

You basically bought the two rear tires and got the rest for FREE! Good score.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Cypressstump

Congrats !

It'll pay for itself really quick.... Mine paid for itself the first log I moved,, my back likes the forklift mucho much.. ;)
Funny just how handy they become,, I've lifted my truck onto jackstands for a brakejob, put a ball hitch hole in the end of one fork to move trailers around (no jacking the tounge jack no more), haul away flitches to a neighbor that wanted them, lift a whack of boards up into a building 3 feet off the ground, run over my favorite lawn chair,twice! real handy.!
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Satamax

Quote from: Cypressstump on July 24, 2012, 11:28:16 AM
Congrats !

It'll pay for itself really quick.... Mine paid for itself the first log I moved,, my back likes the forklift mucho much.. ;)
Funny just how handy they become,, I've lifted my truck onto jackstands for a brakejob, put a ball hitch hole in the end of one fork to move trailers around (no jacking the tounge jack no more), haul away flitches to a neighbor that wanted them, lift a whack of boards up into a building 3 feet off the ground, run over my favorite lawn chair,twice! real handy.!

Cypress, that's not finished.

Since i've had my "crane thing" i've cruched a road sign, bent a lamp post, opened the top of my toolbox on my tipper van. Crushed a roof gutter. Watch it, thoses heavy pieces of moving machinery can do serious harm when moving.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Ironwood

Or drop lifts of lumber on , your gator, tractor, etc....... ::)

thecfarm

One of my friends always says when we see a big tractor,excavator,bulldozer,skidder,We can do some damage with that.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!