iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Picked up a free log this weekend

Started by slider, July 16, 2012, 12:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

first,thanks for the input       
mm  probably going into my keeper wood  .   

jimparametic,i guess value depends on that nitch market we are always looking for.

sixacresand,no air in the work truck.don't want to get spoiled.also looking to meet you at jakes at the sycamore butchering .
jem climber, never was for me
customesawyer,i'm bringing you something better.you with your vast sawing knowledge and danny's
great brain can surly come up with enough wood out of this to cover my porch.

al glenn

Leigh Family Farm

Slider,
What is your rig comprised of? how much can that crane lift at full extension? Just building a "I can dream, can't I?" file... ;)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Jemclimber

That is a very nice log truck, sure would make loading logs much easier. Does it pick up logs that big whole or do you have to get one end up at a time. The boards look beautiful too. 

Poston, that had me laughing this morning. Always some comedy from you.  :D
lt15

slider

thanks guys,the boom is rated for 4500lbs so you are right on some big stuff it's one end at a time.most 20 footers i can load.It's a 89 model l8000 ford ,retired sheet rock hauler that i converted to a log fetcher .it's not very fast at loading but we get by.it has been one great addition to my operation .
al glenn

WDH

Not a problem at all Al as long as it is a little porch  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jimparamedic

Just goes to show that the only difference between a man and a boy is the price of their toys. That truck may be slow but it would sure beat a cant hook and timbers for ramps. would love to have one my self.

Qweaver

The cost of owning the equipment is there wheather I use it or not...so getting a free log does make the cost lower.  It still takes fuel and time tho'.  But for a nice log I'll make the time.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

customsawyer

Danny you made me shoot beer out my nose. lol
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

HousewrightVA

We had a big wind storm the end of June. Lots of free logs,here are a few.

Lots more to haul, need to get busy.
skidsteer logger
Case 1840  440  580B
2016 LT40 Super

slider

good move house,i hate to see that wood go to waste .
al glenn

slider

Danny you disappoint me ,I thought you would say if jake can clamp it we can saw it.now you have made your bud look bad .I have seen both of you jump on way worse stuff than this.Think of it like this,it's a jem in the rough.
al glenn

customsawyer

Danny don't make me look bad. I can do that all on my own.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on August 15, 2012, 03:24:11 AM
Danny don't make me look bad. I can do that all on my own.

Do you know what time it is? ::)

WDH

Does anybody really care?  (Chicago)

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH

You ancient old rascal!  I knew that you would understand what I was referring to  :D.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: WDH on August 15, 2012, 07:29:05 AM
You ancient old rascal!  I knew that you would understand what I was referring to  :D.

I was gonna say 25 or 6 to 4 but Poston stole my thunder...

Who you calling old, Willis?  (another ancient reference)

Herb

customsawyer

www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

It is getting close to time to saw up a big sycamore log  ;D.

Thank You Sponsors!