iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where to get a new hydraulic cylinder

Started by woodsteach, July 10, 2012, 04:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsteach

I need a cylinder for my JD 317 skiddsteer.  It is the main boom cylinder.

Do you folks know of a place to get them other than john deere?

In 8 years I've broken the cylinder ram/rod once and bought a new ram/rod and rebuilt the cylinder.  2 years later bent the ram/rod this time to got another new ram/rod and rebuilt the cylinder again.  2 years ago....blew out the seals so got a seal kit and rebuilt the cylinder. 

Guess what here we go again... I don't know if the ram is bent,  but the cylinder seal is leaking again. 

My guess is 6 yrs ago when the ram broke we messed up something in the cylinder that it is slightly bent or something and it is causing the seals to go bad.

So I'm looking for a whole new cylinder this time unless JD is the only place I can get one.

Paul
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Autocar

Bill

sandhills

Yes, and good luck, JD=gold.  I have an off breed dozer on my 4840 and have rebuilt one cylinder twice and guess what, get to do it again.  I'm pretty sure I have the same problem, screwed up the cylinder bad enough the first time and now the new stuff doesn't seat/sit quite right. 

woodsteach

Thanks for the link to surplus center...  I called them and no luck.  So I bit the bullet and called JD and$650.00 later the new cylinder will be here in 3-4 days.

Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Clam77

Just out of curiosity... what are the specs on your old cylinder (stroke & bore)?? 
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

Thank You Sponsors!