iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I don't farm but:

Started by Chris Burchfield, July 10, 2012, 07:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Burchfield

I sprayed poison around my blackberries last month.  Felt well enough and went up yesterday to weed eat the dead and pull by hand what was left of weeds.  Noticed on the way up.  Corn in the field was just starting to tassel and was drying up.  Leaves were rolling in.  I don't think there is any way it will make if we do get rain.  Scattered chance of rain 50% and dropping by 10% over the next three days.  Soybeans across the road looked very green.  I could only think of ammonia nitrate.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

thurlow

I'm retarred, but farmed my whole working life;  talked to a guy from Tipton County last week;  he's got a few cows (strictly hobbyist) and has begun to feed 'em hay, 'cause his pasture is burnt up.  No way a fellow who was doing it to make a living could start feeding in July.  I think the March-planted corn will make a decent crop (it's already "made");  late corn is hurting.  No ammonia nitrate, nitrate of soda, urea, etc on soybeans.  The drought will eventually catch up with them to/too/two.  (I'm taking to hart the tread about previewing your posts)   
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Roxie

:D

Just to help you out, if you remember that "too" can be substituted for the word "also", you'll usually get it right.  Your sentence above would read:  The drought will eventually catch up with them too.   :)

Say when

mooleycow

the public utility suprintendent and myself measured 7 3/4 inches of rain fell yesterday in town during approx 4 hours period

buzzegray

Why don't we git the president to fund a high speed train bought from china and fuel it withh that ethonol stuff and ship the excess water to all  the places in the world that don't have enuf water( but not to the usa),. that might fund the cost of you and all your neighobrs got to spend on hay for your cows.  Feel free to add any other stuff to these ideas to help out our bad situations here in the usa.

muddstopper

If you want to help our situation here in the USA, go to your bible and read Psalms 109:8 and you will know exactly what to do.

Thank You Sponsors!