iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl 192 floods before starting

Started by taylorsmissbeehaven, July 10, 2012, 07:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylorsmissbeehaven

I bought a brand new top handle stihl to use up in trees but it floods before it will start 90% of the time. I assume it is something I am doing but I am not sure what that is. I have an 024,025,026,and an 044 that never give me any trouble. I figured out quickly that you do not want to use the primer bulb that just makes it worse. If it fires it runs great but if you give it several pulls trying to start it you can forget it. It also seems to build a ton of pressure in the gas tank. If you remove the cap, venting the pressure it will fire but knocks off before you can get to the gas. I went through the maual but it was not very helpful (might have been my frustration at the time) Anyone run into this before? I hope its something simple that I am overlooking. Thanks, Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

Al_Smith

On some of those easy to flood small saws it's just as easy to open the throttle and drop start them .

Yeah I know 40 safety minded people might not approve of that method but it works .Now before anyone gets in an uproar of course you can't use that method on a large saw .

taylorsmissbeehaven

Thanks Al, I hope that after some break in time it will get better! Basically have to drop start in a tree so I'll just be careful. Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

Al_Smith

My 200t's and 020T act the same way once they are warmed up from a hard run .

Of the larger saws I have a 2100 Husqvarna that floods real easily cold or warm .Now that one you can't safely drop start .Runs great if you can get it started though I will have to say that .

Some might boast they can safely drop a high compression 100 cc saw with a long bar but they would have to be 6 foot 6 ,weigh 300 plus and be strong as a gorilla .Even then it would scare me to death to even attempt a trick like that .You could literally cut off your nose to spite your face as the old saying goes . :o

taylorsmissbeehaven

I took the saw back to the dealer this weekend and there was an easy adjustment to the carberator and she's working just right. I probably could have made that adjustment myself but the saw was brand new and I hated to mess with it with out knowing exactly what it was. Thanks Al for all your advice, I'm cutting well and gonna makes some lumber this weekend!Brian

Thank You Sponsors!