iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CTL photo

Started by 1270d, July 08, 2012, 09:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1270d

Haven't posted in a while and thought I would try a photo.   

This is a 26 in (or so) beech.  Some of these beasts have tops on them that are the craziest thing I've ever tried to process. Haven't had to break out the 385 yet.   All the beach is dieing from beech bark disease, so we re cutting most every one.

beenthere

Good job on the photo. Hope you didn't find it too difficult, as we appreciate the pics. Thanks for taking the time to get a shot.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

snowstorm

Quote from: 1270d on July 08, 2012, 09:41:29 PM
Haven't posted in a while and thought I would try a photo.   

This is a 26 in (or so) beech.  Some of these beasts have tops on them that are the craziest thing I've ever tried to process. Haven't had to break out the 385 yet.   All the beach is dieing from beech bark disease, so we re cutting most every one.

nice to have you back. now i want more pics of how you got the limbs off that thing

thecfarm

That picture looks good. That harvester must be just about at the max with that size tree?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Piston

That is amazing.  I'd love to see one of those machines working in person.  I love seeing pics of things like that and thanks for the photo. 

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Norm

Great picture, thanks!

1270d

Thanks.   Hard to find time to take step by step delimbing pics/vid but one of these days I will. 

I can say that most of the limbs have to be sawed off on the big beech, as they commonly are 6 to 12 inch diameter.    This tree is getting into the large end of what I can handle.  Stems over 30 inches are tough.  They have to be leaning favorably etc before I mess with them.  They re also rare, so that helps.

Thank You Sponsors!