iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pain in the ...knee!

Started by Patty, July 08, 2012, 11:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorb

Thx.  Glad you're feeling better.   
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

clww

Very pleased to hear that the surgery was a success and you are on the road to a speedy recovery, Patty. Hang in there! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ron Scott

Great! Now don't overdo the rehab. Follow doctor's orders.
~Ron

Patty

Follow doctor's orders.....geeesh! Where have I heard that before!  :D

I am trying to behave, really I am.  ::)

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

isawlogs

Patty being in rehab sucks  :-\  I was there and sure do not wish to ever need do it again.  After a work related accident I was in rehab to regain the use of my left arm back. Took better part of three years and then two more to strenghten it up. So Hang in there hunny,  it feels good after you are able to get moving and accomplish things. I have limitations with my arm, but, they gave me back enough to do almost what ever I want.  8) 

Good luck.  :)   Everybody can saye what ever they want  ;)  I'll tell you this though, that person that is in charge of your physiotherapy is the one you should have all ears for.  :-* :-*
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Patty

Thanks Marcel. I have a plan about the rehab, and am looking forward to getting it started. Next week is my check-up and then off to rehab I go. Everyday will get better I am sure of it.  ;)

You see, even with all the whining and carrying on, I really am a tough old bird! I can and I will get back, or mostly so, and when I do....look out!!  8)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

sandhills

Rehab:
Keep leg elevated and cool (think top of kegerator)
Stretch, (reach spigott of kegerator)
Hold stretch (long enough to allow mug to fill)
Relax  ;D

isawlogs

sandhills, man I sure wish you where my physiotherapiste ....  ;D 8) 8) 8)  Patty listen to him.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Patty

Good one Pat!!  :D :D   I am going to print your suggestion and take it to my surgeon next week when I go in for my check-up. Gosh I feel better already!!
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Magicman

It is so good to read that everything went well Patty.  Hopefully your recovery & rehab will also.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doctorb

Patty-

While Marcel is unfortunately correct about SOME upper extremity injures, i.e. Jeff's shoulder, that kind of very prolonged therapy after arthroscopic meniscus surgery is very, very, rare.  You should be shooting for October 2012, IMO, not October 2015!  Go after it!  While regaining your range of motion can take a bit of time, I'll bet, given your attitude towards things, that you have a positive "bring it on" outlook that will provide fairly rapid improvement.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Patty

You are absolutely right Doc. My knee feels great, first time in weeks that it doesn't hurt.  8)   

I am up and about already, picking tomatoes in the garden, and just puttering around. It is wonderful! While I am not up for any marathons, I am certainly enjoying my new found freedom from pain.  I go back for a check up next Wednesday. I will let the surgeon tell me what and what not to do.....and I promise that I will take his advice.  :) 

By the Way..... Welcome Home Doc!!
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Roxie

What a relief to know that you can walk without pain.  I'm so happy you are on the mend!   :)
Say when

Warbird

That's great news, Patty.  Happy to hear it!

Clam77

Good to hear you're all fixed up Patty!!  Stay off that farm equipment too - it can be especially hard on the knees!!    ;)
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

Thank You Sponsors!