iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

346 xp or 359 husky

Started by Ed_K, March 05, 2004, 07:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

I'm thinking of replacing the husky 345, its worked well for 3 yrs. Looking at the 346 xp and 359. It'll be for TSI work and limbing.
 Whats your opinion?
Ed K

jokers

Ed,

Aren`t you comparing apples to oranges with the 346 and 359?

If the 345 worked well, the clear choice is a 346xp in my opinion.

Russ

ehp

the 346 is a great saw and the saw you want , plus if you want get someone like Dozer Dan to port it for you and hang on

jokers

Quotethe 346 is a great saw and the saw you want , plus if you want get someone like Dozer Dan to port it for you and hang on

Or ehp. Nice touch of humility or modesty Ed, it makes you a larger man in my eyes. I appreciate seeing things like that.

Russ

Hunter

The 346 is a great little saw. Both EHP and dan can build you one. I have owned saws from both builders
I had an EHP 357 that was an absolute monster and my Dan henry 372 ran strong too.
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169
Dolmar / Efco / Redmax / Silvey Grinders Sales

ehp

I have to agree , i have ran Dan's saws and they are very good , run well , lots of power and rpm's

Typhoon

Hey ehp! I know you from arboristsite!  Anyways, my vote goes to the 346xp. It is probably one of the best saws on the planet for its size. ITs real hard to beat. I have a 346xp and a 350. Both great but that xp just SCREAMS!
-Brad
Brad Dawson, Anna IL (Southern tip)
Husky 346xpNE, Husky 357XP, Norwood Lumbermate2000

oldsaw-addict

I like the 346XP model, its a rather popular model from Husky due to its high HP/low weight. I wold rather carry a 346 in the woods all day because it only weighs 10.6 lbs and when properly modified, can produce more than 4HP from a 45cc engine which is amazing to me for some reason, plus the extra power is ALWAYS a plus when you need it, and so is the 14,500 RPM max speed. the 346XP has my vote.I might just buy one for myself sometime soon.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Thank You Sponsors!