iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky 395xp problem

Started by zorak, July 06, 2012, 02:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zorak

Hello new to the site.
Im having a problem with my new saw 395xp. I bought it last year and its 2011 and i never got chance to use it. so now i am trying to use it. It quits running on me after two cuts on a 40" diameter log. It seems like it vapor locking on me. Iv had it in the shop twice now for the same thing and first time they played with the carb and the second time they replace a tank vent. I am using it at almost 7000' above sea level.

What kind of emissions garbge does it have and can i remove them? cause my 61 and 181 run like a top. But my 395xp not so much.just wondering if anyone has had or heard of a problem like this with 395xp saw.

thanks doug

joe_indi

doug,

QuoteI bought it last year and its 2011 and i never got chance to use it. so now i am trying to use it.

You have not used this saw for over a year.Fuel residues could gum up the pickup body in the fuel tank.Ditto check valves in the carburetor.
You could replace the pickup body.Why the shop replaced the tank vent is beyond me.

QuoteI am using it at almost 7000' above sea level.

The higher you go the richer the fuel mix.Pull out the spark plug, if it is wet and blackish all over try leaning out the L screw by 5 minutes clockwise. You could also turn in the Idle screw by half a turn clockwise.

Joe

thecfarm

zorak,welcome to the forum. The dealer should be able to get that going for you at just about no cost to you. Still brand new,haven't even used it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Todd

If it's anything like my 394 you're wishing it had a kick starter after 8-10 pulls!  I had a cracked fuel line that was making mine shut off and not start  (i counted 40 pulls once..thats when i took it to the saw shop!)
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

lumberjack48

A saw will start in 2 to 4 pulls cold, 1 when its hot. If your ever pulling any more then this, its not set right or somethings wrong with it.

I had a Husky do this to me, the oil and gas cap got turned around, this is when they were the same size.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Autocar

I have a 395XP the same year as yours, I just put the third jug and piston on it. Give yours a little time and she will stop dead in its tracks on a heavy cut. I put a older model carb on mine the second time it froze up and that didn't work eather. Third time I put another jug and piston on it, got it running and it's still setting on the work bench. I also had mine to the dealer twice but the problem never went away. All my older 395's run like a top but the newer ones seem to have some kind of problem. I always felt it was to lean of fuel but couldn't figure it out. Fellows on this site gave me alot of things to look at but I did everything but replace the crank seals. Maybe your beable to figure it out then I will fix mine  ;D
Bill

zorak

Good evening guys! Well update you on the saw. I dropped off at the shop for the 3rd time with the same problem. This guy said its the coil this time and not a fuel issue.

Ok it is pretty much new cause when I got it last September i used it once and it wasn't running right to me so I parked it and used my dads old husky. I dumped the fuel out and hung it in the garage till this year. Because of the gas we have now I bought a can of 100 octane unleaded race fuel and I'm using husky's XP synthetic oil in it and mixing between 44.1-50.1 cause it's new.

It will fire hp with in 4 pulls but then dies when it get hot and won't start untill it cools down.

I don't think it to rich cause the plug looks almost brand new cause the darn thing will only stay running for 5min at a time.

Aside from the dying issue I think Lot of the running problems has to do with all the emissions BS they have to put on them.

I think I'm gonna get another muffler and add a 2nd exhaust port on it and put the other on the shelf for warr issues. After the warr is up then it's gonna get a porting job done to it and a 42" bar.

zorak

Iv always like the husky's. Over the years my dad has had 5 huskys.

2100 that was stolen    >:(
181se 32" bar
61 24" bar
455 rancher
And one other.

So iv always been fond of them over the years. Iv alway liked the way they rev'd. But if I keep having problems with this one then I'll sell it and get an older 395 or venture over and get a Stihl. But find something pre emission's crP.

Autocar

Zorak I finaly broke down and took mine to a different shop, he called me yesturday and Iam already into it another three hundred and fifty. Sure hope I don't regret it  ::) !
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!