iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Meth

Started by Texas Ranger, July 05, 2012, 05:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Had a call this morning from the Soil and Water Conservation District head about a job that I am working for a absentee landowner.  He alerted me to the following.

We have a fire lane and burn plan that did not get finished last year, and we had to go back two weeks ago to finish the fire lanes, to be burned this fall.

Tractor operator called his boss and said he had found a meth lab on the property north of my clients.  He then called the local sheriff dispatcher and reported it. 

Well, naturally I want to know if I need body armor the next time I go on the tract, called the sheriff, and no one seems to know about it.  Information is 2 weeks old, and seems to have gotten misplaced. 

I await a call to try to show them where it is, or, if they have it, or, do I punt? 
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

OneWithWood

Just keep your eyes peeled.  The quickie labs around here have been reduced to just a couple of liter soda bottles.  If you see suspicious bottles don't disturb them.  The bottles have a tendancy to blow up if not prepped properly.  If you see suspicious activity call the sherif.  Don't be a hero.  I am still hoping to have a single malt with you someday.  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Texas Ranger

We'd best hurry, I ain't getting any younger.  But the good side is, the scotch is getting older.

OneWithWood

I know I missed a golden opportunity when I met you at the piggy roast.  Unfortunately I was ill prepared at the time.
I will be better prepared should you make it up this year. 
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Texas Ranger

I was prepared, and missed the opportunity

ely

could be also that the law enforcement personel are on the take and dont want to mess with it. extreme i know, but it does happen.
the meth is a scourge at best, be very aware of anything going on around you if you get your name attached to any investigation.

chain

We had a rash of  'shake & bake' meth around here for a while. They mixed ingredients in a gallon spray jug and shake, from that point I don't really know if they sniff the nozzle or what. After use they usually dump the jugs in roadside ditches, etc. We found one on our farm road, I called the DEA, they came and picked the jug up, said what it was, the jug made about the tenth picked-up that month. No questions asked none offered. Best to ignore.

We also had a young fellow that worked for me part time, he got so bad on the meth, he absolutely went nuts. Hung himself dead. The thing about it is those drugged-out meth-heads are easily recognizable. Rotten teeth, skinny, bad complexion, and nervous habits. Paranoia.

Shotgun

My lodge picks the trash from a two mile section of Michigan State Highway (both sides) and the MDOT recently sent a power point presentation telling about the hazards of meth and how to know what we might be dealing with.  Interesting (and sad), and we were instructed to notify the Michigan State Police or the MDOT.  Apparently the manufacturers throw the leftover debris in the roadside ditches to get rid of the remains, as the commercial/county trash pickup folks would report it to authorities. What has our society come to?

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

chain

Sad to say but in the illegal drug business don't trust anyone! I'm reading in our local newspaper in SE/Missouri of a sheriff convicted of stealing firearms that had been seized for evidence, he will do time[10 years] as well as his chief deputy[5years].

Furthermore, the sheriff was busted for distributing meth and cocaine, and had snorted meth in front of a MHP undercover agent The drug case against the sheriff has not yet gone to court.  The deputy arrested received a lighter sentence because of being a female of 24 yrs of age and under sheriff's orders.

Missouri led the nation in meth lab seizures in 2011 and has more lab busts than any other state this past decade.

shelbycharger400

from what i have been told,  the waste they make, is haz waste, if it touches you or you get a sniff of it, it can instantly kill you.  but what do you expect when they are mixing poisons.

Dave VH

I just don't understand the draw.  Why would anyone risk that with there body, no matter what the reward is.  I understand getting your adrenaline up from taking some risk and all, but i'll let my job and my dirtbike do that for me.  I just don't get it.
I cut it twice and it's still too short

davch00

QuoteSad to say but in the illegal drug business don't trust anyone! I'm reading in our local newspaper in SE/Missouri of a sheriff convicted of stealing firearms that had been seized for evidence, he will do time[10 years] as well as his chief deputy[5years].

Furthermore, the sheriff was busted for distributing meth and cocaine, and had snorted meth in front of a MHP undercover agent The drug case against the sheriff has not yet gone to court.  The deputy arrested received a lighter sentence because of being a female of 24 yrs of age and under sheriff's orders.

Missouri led the nation in meth lab seizures in 2011 and has more lab busts than any other state this past decade.

I know where you are talking about. I own a little bit of ground in that county. I'm a little further south and we have a local police chief, several county officials, and a few local business men get arrest for fraud and forgery a while back. 

Meth pretty bad around here. A few years ago there was a couple of back roads not to far from me that was averaging a
meth lab a mile. There is still quite a few busts from time to time.

QuoteI just don't understand the draw.  Why would anyone risk that with there body, no matter what the reward is.  I understand getting your adrenaline up from taking some risk and all, but i'll let my job and my dirtbike do that for me.  I just don't get it.

Try working around a bunch of meth heads...At a factory that I worked at was full of them...All I'll say is it can get very interesting to say the least.

Norm

On the way back from mowing roadsides yesterday I noticed 2 gallon jugs of cooking oil in the ditch. Mower made short work of them and I seemed to  have more energy than normal afterwards.  :o

saltydog

Who do you suppose was the first guy who made it(and knows whats in it) and decides to put that in his body
Proud to be a self employed logger.just me my Treefarmer forwader Ford f600 truck 2186 Jonsereds 385 and 390 husky and several 372s a couple 2171s one 2156  one stihl 066  Hudson bandmill Farquhar 56"cat powered mill.and five kids one wife.

Cypressstump

Quote from: saltydog on July 12, 2012, 09:26:22 AM
Who do you suppose was the first guy who made it(and knows whats in it) and decides to put that in his body

The chemicals that Meth is made of today has changed dramatically over the years due to the tighter government controls placed on a lot of the antihistamines that used to be sold over the counter. That's why if I want to buy the cold medication  Sudafed( that works well) or even the generic Walgreens equal, you now have to show them your driver's license and they file away your info to tell how much you buy. The 'Meth' has been around for 30 plus years that I know of, it's not just a recent drug. When I was in Dallas, we had some major issues in the late 80's with what was called 'Crank' then in the 90's it was called  'Crystal',  now called 'Meth'.  When the mixing chemicals used to make the stuff were more readily available in a more cleaner, purer form, made from other non-scheduled over the shelf drugs, there was less drastic  issues as there is today. These days, many household chemicals, poisons, cleaners, etc are mixed to make up for the difference or the lack of availability of the chemicals that were in the anti-histamines. It's really, really bad stuff, and good people have turned bad due to the seemingly uncontrollable addictions these people get from using it. The different chemical mixtures and with each different persons homemade batch being so vastly changed from their last batch is one of the things that makes the users so whacked out. It is truly a poison mixed from other poisons. It is highly addictive to where a kid tries some for the first time, it is said to be so addictive they get hooked on it way too easily.

How someone can put that garbage in thier body is beyond me. :'(

But there again, I have often wondered about some of my Northern Brethren........................ Them nasty looking mushrooms ya'll like so much,,, the ones that look sorta like shriveled up brain matter....  Who on Earth was the first person that happened upon one of those ugly things in the woods ,,, and said to themselves... ??? " Hummm, that looks nasty, I think I'll eat one of them things"....... ::) ::)
::)
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Texas Ranger

Same with oysters, but, glad who ever it was, did.

Cypressstump

Quote from: Texas Ranger on July 12, 2012, 02:49:18 PM
Same with oysters, but, glad who ever it was, did.

You right,, wonder who that feller was? ;)
Stump

Case 586E 6k forklift
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

WH_Conley

Probably the same guy that tried Grits. ;D
Bill

Texas Ranger

Ummm, shrimp grits, ummmm.

Raider Bill

Or the Guy that said I'm going to eat the next thing that comes out of that chickens .......
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Cypressstump

Me thinks I dun' started sumthing here. ;)
Stump

Case 586E 6k forklift

doctorb

How about blue crabs?  Somebody must have been insanely hungry to eat the first one of those!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

gspren

Quote from: doctorb on July 12, 2012, 05:42:10 PM
How about blue crabs?  Somebody must have been insanely hungry to eat the first one of those!
Well Doc, I bought a dozen of them critters at the Blue Crab House on rt543 in Harford County on Sunday, and thanks to whomever started eating them.  ;D
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Shotgun

Even a meth thread has turned to food.  Where else but on the Forestry Forum?

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Phorester

I've always wondered who was the first to slice up a green tomato and fry it.  Makes you wonder what else he sliced and fried.

BaldBob

Reminds me of a lecture on Native American foods I once attended. The lecturer talked about some items that were "2 water", " 3 water", and even "4 water" foods. These were items that needed to be boiled and rinsed 2, 3 or 4 times before they could be eaten  - either to be rendered non-toxic or at least edible. Now that's persistence (perhaps brought on by desperation). Makes you wonder how many were poisoned before they found the key to render the food safe.
For some of the other foods, e.g Mushrooms & Blue Crabs, all our ancestors had to do is observe what other mammals safely ate.

Jeff

QuoteFor some of the other foods, e.g Mushrooms & Blue Crabs, all our ancestors had to do is observe what other mammals safely ate.

I've seen my dogs eat some stuff that I'm pretty sure might kill me.  smiley_airfreshener
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

HiTech

Never ran across any meth labs...have seen pot plants growing. Always thought it would be nice to skid past old "Popcorn Sutton" and taste his sipping whisky. A little of that in the old skidder might give her a new lease on life also. lol I think he said something like,"God made wine from water and I make liquor". They get rid of the bad drugs and leave those people alone it would be a better world.

Raider Bill

Quote from: HiTech on July 19, 2012, 09:24:35 PM
Never ran across any meth labs...have seen pot plants growing. Always thought it would be nice to skid past old "Popcorn Sutton" and taste his sipping whisky. A little of that in the old skidder might give her a new lease on life also. lol I think he said something like,"God made wine from water and I make liquor". They get rid of the bad drugs and leave those people alone it would be a better world.

I miss PopCorn. Still have 3 qts of his product stashed back.  I see you can buy something named after him in the stores but I'm sure it's not the same.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

ely

Quote from: Jeff on July 13, 2012, 02:28:03 PM
Quote from: BaldBob on July 13, 2012, 02:22:13 PMFor some of the other foods, e.g Mushrooms & Blue Crabs, all our ancestors had to do is observe what other mammals safely ate.

I've seen my dogs eat some stuff that I'm pretty sure might kill me.  smiley_airfreshener
i have watched deer eat poison oak out in the woods before.....

HiTech

Raider Bill those 3 quarts are probably like having "gold". No more will ever be like those. I have tasted store bought stuff before and it sure isn't like the good old mason jar stuff. I always called it "Tennessee Sippin Whiskey" but that doesn't mean it came for there. I have had some distilled from maple syrup that is smooth and will knock your panties in the dirt. I am sure PopCorn would have approved the taste.

Leigh Family Farm

Side note of importantce when dealing with possible meth labs: the vapors can kill you before you make it ten steps. Never pick them up or smell the contents of any suspicious bottles.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Thank You Sponsors!