iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Google doodles

Started by SwampDonkey, July 04, 2012, 04:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Todays' Google doodle is of the longest covered bridge in the world, in Hartland, New Brunswick. The bridge's 111th birthday today.

Direct Link
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

They must tailor that to your IP Donk, mine has one about the 4th of July.  :)

mrpink

norm google.com has one about the 4th of july

google.ca has the covered bridge

clww

Different for different countries? I had not thought of that before.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Clam77

They do it for different countries that have internet censorship.  I'm guessing China can't even use Google...    :D
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

Brucer

Their servers can figure out where your IP address is located. If I try to go to google.com, I just get directed back to google.ca.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

mrpink

thats odd. I can go to either
www.google.com
www.google.ca

DouginUtah

Bruce,

I can't verify this because I am in US, but try:

http://www.google.com/ncr  (the ncr bit will disappear when you get to it).
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Ernie

SD your link worked perfectly for me in beautiful New Zealand. Been over/through that bridge many years ago, it sure is long.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Brucer

Thanks, Doug. That worked perfectly. Don't know why I didn't think of it (um .... what does "ncr" stand for :D).

It was kind of interesting -- I looked up my own business (by product and region, not by name) and I came up #2 on the list from Google.com, but #3 on the list from Google.ca. Go figure. Even more interesting, the paid ads on Google.ca show an outfit from Texas, but that ad doesn't show up on Google.com ???.

I didn't get to try this out on the 4th, so I didn't get to see the US banner :(.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!