iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Andy Griffith

Started by Riggs, July 03, 2012, 10:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggs

Andy Griffith has died.
I live about 20 minutes from where he was born, and watch his re-runs on a regular basis. Pretty sad, he always seemed like a class act.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/local-news/piedmont/Friend-Andy-Griffith-dead-at-86/-/10703612/15386138/-/y06a0kz/-/index.html
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Andy had a good heart and was a great Christian man. He will truly be missed and will be remembered by all.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

We are running out of the great ones. :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

clww

I just heard about this when I came home for lunch. At 86, he lived a full life and we are all blessed to have benefited from his example. RIP Sheriff  Andy Taylor!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Norm

That was one of my favorite shows and still is.

RIP

Riggs

Quote from: Jeff on July 03, 2012, 11:26:09 AM

Yep,
Andy Griffith starred in a couple of my favorite movies too. "No time for Sergeants" and "Face in the Crowd"...If you've never seen "Face in the Crowd" you have to catch it sometime. He is really out of his normal character in it.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on July 03, 2012, 11:26:09 AM

We still got Magic Man.   smiley_thumbsup

Chuck White

We grew up watching Andy Griffith, with Andy, Barney, Aunt Bea, Floyd, Gomer & Goober.

What a great show!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Some of his sayings and expressions were something else to hear and see. Seems like he did commercials to.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

They said on the news just now that Andy has already been buried on his farm.
Now that's the way to do it.

SwampDonkey

I never grew up with his 60's show, but used to like his "Matlock" shows. My grandmother enjoyed those 80's murder mystery type shows to. Don Knotts passed a while ago, but my memory of him was in Walt Disney movies like "The Apple Dumpling Gang" and "Three's Company" with John Ritter. The dumb founded faces he would make. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jim_Rogers

From a friend on facebook:

RIP Andy.....
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

beenthere

That is a good cartoon, but it is prolly not legal to post. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sprucebunny

Reruns all evening tonight Saturday on TVLD.

I always loved the Andy Griffith show. I even have the trading cards.

RIP Sheriff Andy.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: sprucebunny on July 07, 2012, 07:10:51 PM
Reruns all evening tonight Saturday on TVLD.

I always loved the Andy Griffith show. I even have the trading cards.

RIP Sheriff Andy.

:D :D :D :D Watching it right now......Barney just with drew his $300.00 for a new car.  :D :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!