iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Smoke

Started by Texas Ranger, July 02, 2012, 08:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

I believe we are getting smoke from the western fires here in east Texas, just a faint wiff, particularly in the morning.  No fires around here, and it is woods smoke.

Guess it shows how an event 1000 miles away can impact the rest of us.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Bibbyman

Our skies having been hazy for the past 3 day. Saturday we could smell smoke. I found an animated graph on YouTube by NOAA showing the smoke migration. Most of the smoke from the western fires are going north and east. In Iowa and starting into Illinois. That was Sunday morning.

The smoke we smelled was from fires in north east Oklahoma or south west Missouri.

I can't find that YouTube video back.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

I found that video.   It's not updated to today so it really don't answer your question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOX1Mr0LHhc
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Clam77

:D  I'll keep a good whiff out for it and let ya know if I can smell any in the next few days.. 
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

BaldBob

TR,
That video that Bibbyman posted seems to show a fire in East Texas.

pigman

I was in Fort Collins, Co last week and I could smell the smoke. I  could  see the smoke on the mountains also.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

beenthere

Todays map of wildland forest fires. Red is Type 1, Blue is Type 2, black is 'other', and purple is NIMO (guessing that means under control or just being watched). I don't envy those who are fighting these fires or whose homes are in the path, or already consumed.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Texas Ranger

We have a high circulating around us, and is set to bring drift smoke our way, had a wiff again two days ago.  No fires of consequence in Texas, yet.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sandhills

Spent last week in Estes Park, Co.  They got really lucky the week before, crews fighting the High Park fire from the air saw one start from there and were able to get right on it, it still burned 20 structures in Estes Park.  20 of the firefighters were staying at the same place as us the first night and said they hadn't been called up to the High Park fire yet but they left the next morning, not sure if that's where they headed to or not, I sure don't envy those guys one bit and wish mother nature would help them out a little.

Thank You Sponsors!