iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my latest project

Started by rockman, July 01, 2012, 08:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockman

I bought this 1984 Hudson brothers trailer from an old man near Richmond Va., it sat for a long time. I had to replace all wheel bearings and seals, one new hub, Clean up the frame, add a 2 ft. beavertail, I still have to mount ramps, new lights and new decking. Was to danG hot to weld yesterday but I got'er done.  8)

Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Those Hudson trailers are every where down here. Looks like you've done a nice job.
Are you gonna put an Oak bed on it or metal?

I could haul a good bit of lumber of your trailer.  ;D

Very nice Kevin.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

rockman

Thanks David, scsmith42 said he has some white oak decking, I think I am ready to take a trip to New Hill.

Kevin
Husqvarna 455 rancher

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: rockman on July 01, 2012, 09:21:02 PM
Thanks David, scsmith42 said he has some white oak decking, I think I am ready to take a trip to New Hill.

Kevin

Get the White Oak on it and that trailer will be the "cat's meow". That sucker will totally work for ya. Send a pic or 2 as you go along.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

rockman

I finally finished my trailer( except for 5 boards on the beavertail when I ran out of screws). The quartersawn white oak deck is AWSOME(thanks Scott). I loaded my tractor and took it for a "shakedown cruise" and it pulled Great.

Kevin

Husqvarna 455 rancher

Warbird

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Woodchuck53

Morning kevin. You probably know this already but those tires seem to last me longer even well loaded at around 5o# of air pressure. That's log scale or hauling the loader or fork lift. That being said you will eventually throw rubber anyway as those things are hard and sitting up don't help. Just my .2 cents worth. I run a lot of trailer house wheels and axles on things. Chuck
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

rockman

Quote from: Woodchuck53 on July 23, 2012, 08:20:44 AM
Morning kevin. You probably know this already but those tires seem to last me longer even well loaded at around 5o# of air pressure. That's log scale or hauling the loader or fork lift. That being said you will eventually throw rubber anyway as those things are hard and sitting up don't help. Just my .2 cents worth. I run a lot of trailer house wheels and axles on things. Chuck

Thanks for the tip. I'm always happy to learn from experience.
Kevin
Husqvarna 455 rancher

fat olde elf

nice work on the trailer.  I live about 10 miles from Hudson Brothers place. They build nice stuff but a little pricey. Say your prayers.
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Woodchuck53

Just curious, why say your prayers? In reference to what?
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Thank You Sponsors!