iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FF Dix-en-ary

Started by VA-Sawyer, March 04, 2004, 08:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA-Sawyer

I looked back a ways and didn't see one. I think we should start one to make it easier for new members to understand us.
Here are a few samples. Perhaps Jeff could make it a Sticky Topic so it is easier for new readers to find.   ;D

Jeff  :   General Operations Director.  Whatever you do, Don't do anything that might make him mad.

Food :  A substance common to most threads. What binds the Forum together.

Sawmill :  An excuse to go play in the woodpile.

Sawdust :  A most addictive substance. Can lead to becoming a Sawyer...

VA-Sawyer

L. Wakefield

Grits- don't leave home without em.
   Cheese- goes with grits.
   Eggs- goes with grits.
   Ham- goes with grits.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Tom

Grits are good boiled
Grits are good fried
Fish'n-Grits are wonderful. :)

Mark M

Riiiiiight - what's a grit?

Sumpin you put on sandpaper? ;)

DR Buck

Grew up north of the Mason Dixon Line.   I don't do grits. :-X

Now scrapple really goes good with eggs..... 8)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Tom

Ya don't know what yer missin'.  It's the staple of the south.  Once upon a time,  before the demographics of the South lost their Southern heritage, you could order Breakfast with hash-browns and still get Hominy Grits on the plate.   Grits just came with everything. They were used to fill up that little niche in the corner of your stomach that the heavier foods couldn't reach.

Now, it seems that the further south you go, the further north you get.  Why, even the ever-present bottle of Cane Syrup is gone from the dinner table ...  ..and... ......the waitresses have the audacity to ask if you want "Sweet Tea".  Is there any other kind? :D

Tagerts_crossing

Just make sure the lumps are in the tea and not your grits. ;D
John Schoolcraft

isawlogs

I don't know where the Mason Dixon line would be , surely south of me cause I don't even know what grits are  ???, but maple syrup freshly boiled is good with my eggs.... ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

oldsaw-addict

Kevin: helpful member when it comes to chainsaw related questions.
Stihl: one of the two dominant brands of chainsaws.
sawmill: a toy to make trees into planks with.

Well whadda ya think? the dictionary idea sounds good to me, I'll take 10 of em right now :D
Let there be saws for all mankind!

DanG

SEE? See there, Tom!?  I tole ya he weren't the same Marcel!  If'n he'd been a Ledbetter, this talk of grits and cane syrup woulda got him slobberin' an huntin' a CATHEAD biscuit! Ain't no way a Ledbetter could mention aigs and maple syrup at the same time, with a straight face. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Ashamedly you're right again, DanG.  What is Maple serup anyway?

L. Wakefield

Hey, y'all let that mention of scrapple drop by the wayside. Making me hungry for that good taste. It's been too many years since I raised piglets. Still holding out for the right housing though. I won't do it up against the garage. Chickens are bad enough there. Hawgs would be a ruination.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

DanG

It's tree sap, Tom.  Them folks are boilin' tree sap, and then puttin' it on their aigs! :o ???  We may have to send some furrin aids up there to help'em out of this awful fix they got themselves into.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

VA-Sawyer

Pockets :  Sawdust collectors !

DanG :  The only Forum approved cussword.

Arky :  Short name for the guy that taught his sawmill to do tricks.

Logging :  What you do to get into the Forum  (requires a password)

Chainsaw :  A device that makes a tree fit on a sawmill.

Hydraulics :  Spending money to save your back.

J_T

Better yet Dan G when they get it all boled up send it to me for proper dispozel ;D
Jim Holloway

VA-Sawyer

Off Subject :  Where most threads end up. See FOOD above.

DR Buck

Quote......threads end up. See FOOD above.

???  See FOOD above ?  I didn't see any mention of fish or any other "see food" above.   Just talk of eggs, grits and stuff.    :D

Where are the crawdads and crappies?   Now thats "see food"!  ;D

Got to take that back.  There is a mention of fish n grits. :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

CHARLIE

Scrapple goes good with grits.
Ham goes good with grits.
Bacon goes good with grits.
Eggs go good with grits.
Fish go good with grits.
Ham gravy goes good on grits.
Redeye gravy goes good on grits.
Butter goes good on grits
Cheese goes good on grits.
Garlic goes good on grits.
Grits are good boiled.
Grits are good fried.
Grits are good baked.

A man went into a restaurant and wanted to order breakfast. The waiter said, "Can't have breakfast."  The man said, "Why? Ain't got any eggs?"  The waiter replied, "Yep, We got eggs."  The man said, "Then why can't I have breakfast?"  The waiter said, "Ran out of grits. Can't have breakfast without grits." ;D  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

VA-Sawyer

UFO :  Unidentified Food Object. Post photos here, someone will investigate.

FF : Food Forum. What this place should really be called.

GENERAL Section : Generally it's about Food.

Mason-Dixon Line :  Political boundary between us and you'all.

SAWMILL & MILLING Section:  Where FF members go for short break from Food.

woodmills1

Don't forget :D

Whack- 1. Subjective term used to describe amounts of logs or lumber, more than one board but less than a whole forest.  2. A full bowl of grits and whatever (US southern colloquial)
3. A large amount of ________________.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

oldsaw

Fell: Where the tree decided to go

Cant: A piece of wood you couldn't move around until you made it smaller.  Formerly a "Won't"

Cant Hook: (verb) Sometimes happens on big oval shaped logs you are trying to move.  

Chain: A strand of metal loops that are interconnected and about 2 feet short of what you need.

mill: a physical and mental exercise machine that combines weight training, wrestling, aerobics, physics, 3 dimensional conceptualization, group frustration, and trees to make sweat, sawdust, and a few boards that still need more work before you can do anything with them.  A future Olympic sport?

Skidding: Successfully moving a log

Spinning: Unsuccessfully moving a log

Whoa (Long): Statement made by mill operator when a really cool log is opened up.

Whoa (Short): Statement made by mill operator when he hits metal in what looked to be a really cool log he's trying to open up and can't stop the saw fast enough.

Beer Thirty: End of a long day.
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

VA-Sawyer

Finally, someone understands the concept.   ;)  
You have some good ones there Oldsaw.
VA-Sawyer

oldsaw

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

VA-Sawyer

Dog : 1. Device to hold log for sawing. 2. Device for ruining sawblades. ( if not lowered )  3. Domestic pet animal

Tramp Metal :  Metal put into wood by some dumb person named Tramp.  Leading cause of DanG !

Metal Detector : 1. Battery powered device for finding metal in wood. 2. Another name for saw blades.

Fiber :  Swallowed Sawdust.

Sawyer :  Person held responsible for any problems at sawmill.

VA-Sawyer

C_Miller

Maple Syrup and Grits  MMMMMMM

C
CJM

pappy

Ployes;(rhymes with boys)   http://www.ployes.com/

For breakfast - topped with butter and maple syrup.
For lunch or dinner - as a flat bread wrapped around your favorite filling.
For dessert - stuffed with berries and yogurt or ice cream.
With any meal - buttered and rolled

Fat Free---Cholesterol Free---Lactose Free---Sugar Free  

great with chicken stew,beans,

there from WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY up north so far north even the other Maine (south of Bangor) hasn't even heard of them  and they (Acadian's and ployes) have been around for generations,since 1785, almost as long as grits :D  :D  :D

VA-Sawyer one fer the FF Dix-en-ary

Jag;  i.e. an assortment of logs, more than one, plural as in a jag o' logs  ;)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

SwampDonkey

What about perrogies?

Now that'll get'm hahahah :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Stan

Are them ploys anything like hoecake? Y'all can't fool me with that scrapple talk, I've seen what goes in the pot.  ::)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

dail_h

Perrogies is good wif grits,but then so is porgies
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Ed_K

Okra - somtin to help the grits.
 Chain - somtin to break with a skidder.
 Skidder - somtin to break chain & make mud
Ed K

DanG

OKRA!  Now there's a substance that is near and dear to my heart!  LOVE them snot rockets! 8) 8) 8)  Did ya ever lay a dozen or two of'em over a pot of boiling butterbeans, or black-eyed peas?  Just the thought of it is getting me going!  Mmmmm-Mmm!  That is something good to eat!  

pappy

ployes and creton hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
creton about the same as scrapple

"perrogies"   are little meat filled dough bags, cooked in skillet...yummy ,, polish

"snot rockets"   sounds dangerous
"OKRA"   did'nt think snuff was legal anymoe

"hoecake"  I think we use those for pucks   ;D

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Stan

DanG Mainiacs never seen hoecake let alone overcooked it. I guess it might be cold enough up thar to keep it too hard to eat.
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Percy

Persuader......5 pound hammer
Budah....A buttlog 8 feet long and larger than 30 inches in
diameter
Convincer........20 pound hammer
!~@#$%^&@#$%........large blade wrecking,hidden tramp metal
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Thank You Sponsors!