iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big Log - Old lumbermate mark 4 pics

Started by mikedurland, June 30, 2012, 10:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikedurland

mikeb1079

here's one of em for ya!

you just have to import them into your ff gallery then you can copy and paste.  looks like you maxed out that mill for sure.   :)  what species?  bark almost looks like red pine.

also welcome to the forum. 
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

John_Haylow

Welcome to the forum Mike. Nice log, it should make some nice lumber. I must agree it looks like red pine.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, mikedurland.   :)

Here is a LINK that should help with your picture posting.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Todd

its not too big until you have to do this:

Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

Woodsrover

Quote from: Todd on July 02, 2012, 12:29:14 PM

its not too big until you have to do this:

Been there, done that.  A smaller scale, but yes, I've done that.  Haven't we all?!?!

grweldon

I've only had my mill for two weeks (+ or -) and I've already done it!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

davch00

I done it on the second or third log I put on my mill...and that's about when I started thinking I should have gotten a bigger one.

Todd

it doesn't matter how big the mill is..you'll find a log that won't fit that you REALLY want to mill ;D
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Klicker

2006 LT 40 HD

thecfarm

Mike,welcome to the forum. Nice mill nice Ford tractor!!!
And how are you turning them big ones????
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

5quarter

Klicker...That's a nice old feller you got there. arm over your shoulder and all. looks like he's well fed too!  ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Klicker

She is a Nova Scotia Duck toller. If she see a bird she is gone. She is a rescue dog so she is still learning. She loves the pond behind the house so if she takes off I know  where to look. Rod
2006 LT 40 HD

mikedurland

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Here is a video of my amateur skills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlCGeXyByhc&feature=plcp

mikedurland

Quote from: thecfarm on July 03, 2012, 06:36:55 AM
Mike,welcome to the forum. Nice mill nice Ford tractor!!!
And how are you turning them big ones????
I turn them with the tractor and a chain.

beenthere

mike
Good on getting your pics in the gallery. And very good on the video. I like.

Now, if you go to your post and "modify" it, you can put the pics in rather than just the link.

When you click on a pic, while in 'post' mode, then scroll down to find the 'button' that is blue and when clicked will pop up a window asking yes/no. Click yes and the pic is in your post.
To see what is coming, click the preview button and check that it is the way you intended it to be.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mikedurland

Quote from: beenthere on July 07, 2012, 06:14:44 PM
mike
Good on getting your pics in the gallery. And very good on the video. I like.

Now, if you go to your post and "modify" it, you can put the pics in rather than just the link.

When you click on a pic, while in 'post' mode, then scroll down to find the 'button' that is blue and when clicked will pop up a window asking yes/no. Click yes and the pic is in your post.
To see what is coming, click the preview button and check that it is the way you intended it to be.
Thank you, that looks much better.

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. Nice looking pics of the logs and your mill. I looked at your map and noticed your almost in Myrtle Beach.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Nice setup mikedurland, and thanks for sharing your pictures.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mikedurland

Quote from: mikeb1079 on June 30, 2012, 12:50:28 PM
here's one of em for ya!

you just have to import them into your ff gallery then you can copy and paste.  looks like you maxed out that mill for sure.   :)  what species?  bark almost looks like red pine.

also welcome to the forum.
Thanks for your help.
I am no expert on tree species but I think it is Loblolly or yellow Pine. I don't think red pine grows in NC does it?

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

schakey

Thanks Mike (and all the members) for doing the video.When I am stuck in the motel waiting for my
work call,I watch them on my ipad.I enjoy looking at the different mill set ups and learn a lot.
Happy milling :)
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

mikedurland

Quote from: schakey on July 09, 2012, 03:44:13 AM
Thanks Mike (and all the members) for doing the video.When I am stuck in the motel waiting for my
work call,I watch them on my ipad.I enjoy looking at the different mill set ups and learn a lot.
Happy milling :)
It's my pleasure. Videography and photography are my favorite hobbies.
You can check out my photography on flickr... username mikedurland
A link to my youTube channel is below my picture to the left.

mikedurland

I don't know why but the link to my public photo gallery goes to someone named 'unknown coward'. I am pretty sure that the gallery number is correct in my profile.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mikedurland

WDH

It is good to know that you are not really an unknown coward  :D.

fishpharmer

Mike, welcome to FF!  Its a great place with fine folks.  Cool video and pics.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Bogue Chitto

Bill Gaiche

Nice job. One of the fastest little mills in the country. bg

Thank You Sponsors!