iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hey, folks!

Started by zopi, June 29, 2012, 07:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

Been a little busy this summer...not sawing much, gardening and farming alot..and doing alot of personal healing...kwit smoking six months back, have not had a mt dew for a month, and have not worn reading glasses for a month or two..low stress helps. still no job. but my disability form the Navy driving me @#$%$# crazy finally arrived...started raising goats, and making my hay by hand..using wooden rakes made from oak off the mill..which the farmers around me think is just cool as all get out...but they think I am crazy..built a little hay press to bale with..bales the size for my rugrats to handle, and by offering to maintain field ends and keep them mowed, I make some nice hay...the goats thing so anyhow..they are mostly therapy animals for me...spoiled!  Looking to buy three young Dexter calves...one to go in the freezer next year, and two to train as smallish oxen...because I can..lol.

Looks like I have a sawing job next week..old Milt Jones (my local versio of our TOM.) stopped and offered me halves on twenty five or thirty tons of white oak and pine, with a little poplar mixed...I love this guy..had a timberking before he slowed down, built the house he lives in..country as a butter bean...has tools that I can't even identify..(except the fencing axe..he didn't know what it was, I did..learnt it on here somewhere..for cutting the mortises in split rail fence..) any how, he showed up just as I decided I wanted to build some more fence, so that will be a good deal for me..a week or two sawing a couple hours a day..

My garden exploded this year with me being around..four thirty foot rows of beans..the whole year's green beans picked from those four rown on the first day we picked...taters did good, some people call me squash vader now, corn and tomatoes are a little iffy...might have burned em up..got a little soil happy.

Hope y'all are doing good..I'll try to be around a bit more..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Magicman

Good to hear from you and get an update.  It sounds like you have a game plan and intend to stick with it, congrats.  Just don't stay gone a month again.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Norm

Good to hear from you Zopi!

clww

Good to hear from you again. Be careful out there this weekend with the heat.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Patty

Hey! It sounds like you have adjusted to country life very well. Good to see you back on the FF.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Buck

Good to hear from ya Zopi! Glad life is good! smiley_thumbsup
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

fishpharmer

Keep up the good work Zopi.   8)  All that farming stuff is good for the kids and you. I understand  the satisfaction, been making a few bales myself,lately.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!