iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fun at the Park

Started by Sixacresand, June 26, 2012, 09:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

That will do it, but it surely makes a racket when it hits the trailer deck.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MHineman

Quote from: Magicman on June 26, 2012, 09:31:43 PM
That will do it, but it surely makes a racket when it hits the trailer deck.   ;D
Put a couple of old tires on the bed where the log will hit them as it comes over the side.  Quieter and better for the trailer too.
1999 WM LT40, 40 hp 4WD tractor, homemade forks, grapple, Walenstein FX90 skidding winch, Stihl 460 039 saws,  homebuilt kiln, ......

Sixacresand

Good idea on tires.  That's the reason I look at this forum!
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Bogue Chitto

Does your winch do a good job or does it strain to get the big logs up?

Sixacresand

That winch strains, but it's a cheap 2000 lb. deal from harbor frieght.  I also have a home made hand crank winch on this trailer that I use.

Magicman

Thanks for the tip, MHineman.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Good size log. Seems like someone was doing some urban cutting and laid tires on a hot top driveway for the tree to land on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tree Feller

Quote from: Sixacresand on June 26, 2012, 09:21:07 PM

Looks like it worked great for you and you have no fenders to get bent up, either.   ;D

That's the way I load logs, too, since I have no tractor/loader/skidsteer/forklift/crane or fatboys to do it for me. I unload by tying an anchored chain on the logs and driving out from underneath.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Thank You Sponsors!