iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need some help

Started by timberjack97, June 26, 2012, 09:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack97

hey guys as i told  you before i have a timbco feller buncher this past saterday  myself  and one of my workers went out to the job to learn how to run it it ran fine the whole time we ran it  we parked it. then yesterday when the the guy came  that runs it everyday he got so mad at us for runing it with out out him being there that he threw a fit  . then when he got in it to run it i was on my loader on the landing. he walk down out of the woods and said the timbco is over heating blowin antifreezze out everywhere i throught at first it was the thremomistat  went bad but it wasnt  i turns out that the  block on the engnie is cracked. now i need a new engine how does that happan   should fire him fothat

timberjack97

should i fire him for what happaned to my machine ?

Kemper

If you think he did it, then firing him should be the least of his worries. He probably thinks two guys who have no clue on how to run a feller buncher starting playing around on it & cracked the head & didnt even realize it.

Do you think you two could have done it & not of known it?

BBTom

How did the block get cracked?

Was it something he did?

I am familiar with blocks getting cracked by freezing, but I don't think it is that cold this time if year. Did this operator run it out of coolant and bust it by overheating? 

Is this machine new to you, that maybe it was temporarily patched for a quick sale by the last guy? 

Sorry, but I got more questions than answers. 
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

timberjack97

i know when we ran it on  saterday it was fine  he said the temp went up to 250  when he shut it down  but keep in mind how mad he was that i ran my own machine  i think its possible that he did it on purpose

Kemper

How long did he run it? Any photos? It's hard to just decide to blow up a block.

log cutter

They are equiped with buzzers that go off when then start to get to warm. Unless the temp gauge has been replaced. How often do you blow or wash out the rad. the fan will suck a lot of stuff into rad. and plug it. What is the hydraulic temp doing?
Timbco 475E

Bobus2003

Are you 100% its the Cracked Block? The Timbco I was running kept popping Head gaskets and would start pouring anti-freeze down the side of the block.. Put a new gasket in and it was good for a 3-4 months

beenthere

As far as having the guy hit the road, I'd not do it for the breakdown but would give it serious consideration based on his throwing a tantrum. That kind of behaviour has no place when working for you on your equipment, as you can decide how and who is to run it.
But it is your call based on what you know of the situation(s), not what we can imagine is happening.;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

NWP

Does he pay for the antifreeze?  He was probably afraid someone else would run it and actually cut more than 4-5 trees per hour.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Woodhauler

Quote from: timberjack97 on June 26, 2012, 09:16:32 PM
hey guys as i told  you before i have a timbco feller buncher this past saterday  myself  and one of my workers went out to the job to learn how to run it it ran fine the whole time we ran it  we parked it. then yesterday when the the guy came  that runs it everyday he got so mad at us for runing it with out out him being there that he threw a fit  . then when he got in it to run it i was on my loader on the landing. he walk down out of the woods and said the timbco is over heating blowin antifreezze out everywhere i throught at first it was the thremomistat  went bad but it wasnt  i turns out that the  block on the engnie is cracked. now i need a new engine how does that happan   should fire him fothat
Do you enjoy tormenting us with stupid questions? If you really need to ask this? You honestly haven't got a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   You need to TAKE all your iron to the auction or where ever you can get some cash for it  and go get a job at wally world.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Jamie_C

Quote from: Woodhauler on June 27, 2012, 12:42:40 AM
Quote from: timberjack97 on June 26, 2012, 09:16:32 PM
Do you enjoy tormenting us with stupid questions? If you really need to ask this? You honestly haven't got a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   You need to TAKE all your iron to the auction or where ever you can get some cash for it  and go get a job at wally world.

For some reason i will still try to give a little advice with a few questions as well.

Do all of your engine guages work ? rpm, temp, voltage, etc ?
Were all of them working on saturday and indicating normal operating ranges ?
Did your fan belt break and cause the engine to overheat ? (should notice your voltage dropping and temp rising)
Did you blow your water pump ? ( I had one blow on a harvester ... makes a huge mess and engine will heat up fast)

Does your operator check ALL FLUID levels before every shift ?
Did you check ALL FLUID levels before every shift ?
How often you you clean the rad ? (should be roughly every shift to keep maximum cooling)

If you don't pay attention to the things listed above then fire yourself and put everything in the auction. You are obviously in way over your head and have no idea what your doing.

As for firing the "operator" .... way too many variables, but if this is the same guy who can only cut 4-5 trees an hour then don't disgrace true machine operators by calling him one. He is a seat warmer at best ... any idiot can sit in the machine and make it do something ... an operator can make the machine work and get the true performance out of the machine AND maintain the machine ... see the difference ???  :)

Woodchuck53

My questions also. Did you and your buddy check all fluids on your machine before you cranked it? Did you notice and fluid any where that looked out of place?

If not then you would have a hard time proving it on him.

I know most people have a different idea of this but me personally I wouldn't crank anything with looking at the fluids first. 

Good luck with this.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

grassfed

Personally I would just beat the tar out of him. No it won't fix the machine but if you give him a good enough beating the next time a machine breaks he will fix the machine before you find out it is broke. This system worked well for my dad and turned me into one hell of a mechanic :o
Mike

smwwoody

GF
your dad and my dad must have been friends.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

snowstorm

you dont say how long he ran it. maybe it broke on you watch and he was on the ball enought to see there was a problem

Kemper

Quote from: snowstorm on June 27, 2012, 03:34:23 PM
you dont say how long he ran it. maybe it broke on you watch and he was on the ball enought to see there was a problem

This would be my guess.

jd540b

I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon, but I'm with Woodhauler on this one....Dude, if you are for real, you are so in over your head you're doomed anyway.  Again, assuming you are for real, go back to whatever you did before this recent undertaking.  Don't mean to sound cruel but enough already. 

timberjack97

thank you guys for all the advice  i am getting rid of the crew and bringing my own skidder in with my own workers  that work for me  i had enough of this and thats it   and to answer your questions i myself checked all the fluids sat before i ran the machine and they were fine the temps were all good then also  i dont know if he checked them before  or not  he told me he left the machine warm up for 10 mintes  before he ran it he said he moved it  100 feet and the temp went up to 250  and there was antifrezze every where he said   thats what he said i dout his story verry much

Thank You Sponsors!