iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Swing cylinder for Prentice 110

Started by Timoteiy, June 25, 2012, 06:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timoteiy

HI there.
Does anyone know where I could find a functional swing cylinder for my truck mounted Prentice 110 log loader? It has opposing open ended cylinders attached to a rack with gears that turn the swing gear.

smwwoody

What is wrong with yours there is not much that cant be fixed on them.  I do have a new packing kit and an extra bull gear for one.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Timoteiy

Thanks for answering.
One of the cylinders was leaking bad, I had it honed out and new packings and it still leaks. Not sure what is wrong. Mabe the packings got damaged?

Woodchuck53

Did you repair it your self or was it shop done? I have a little experience with this. I ended up taking it to a shop that said the ram was the cause and that I may want to take it to a machine shop and replace it. The shop ordered the material and re- rammed it for half of a new one and so far no leaks. Just a thought. Could you send me a close up picture of your swing and ram set and maybe measure your chain link center to center of the pins? I have a little project coming up and I am still researching. Thanks Stay safe. Chuck
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

smwwoody

If it was fixed in a shop I would talk to them about why it is still leaking.  they may have seen something inside that was wrong.  how is the adjustment between the rack gear and the bull gear.  to much slop will let the rack gear try to climb away from the bull gear as it is swinging it will flex the rack gear and bring the piston down the cylinder slightly sideways causing a leak.
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treefarmer87

if you dont have any luck getting it fixed and you need a complete swing cylinder these guys got it for sure.

http://www.sewlparts.com/
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

bushmechanic

The origional seals are u-cups and you can only get them so tight and they still leak.I went to a hydraulic shop and got some other seals (newer style) and fitted those to the piston and problem solved.

UN Hooker

smwwoody
  What holds that bull gear to the shaft? Is it just the tapered key or something else?
                    UN
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

smwwoody

yep tapered key on the late G's and all of the 110's i have worked on,  that is not saying there was a differnt set up at some point
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Thank You Sponsors!