iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wrapped Up

Started by Autocar, June 25, 2012, 06:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

This afternoon I backed up to grab a log and here somewhere in the woods I had picked up a coil of 3/8 inch steel guy wire. It grabbed the tread and was wrapped around the back axle tighter then bark on a hickory tree,needless to say by the time I got it unwrapped I was talking to myself. It was a whole coil what a mess, woods plants this year are crazy there up to your arm pits I can never remember weeds this bad in a woods. Saw two self propelled combines I will have to be careful with what else may be hiding under all the plants  ::)
Bill

mad murdock

Sounds like you will be having a good return on jobs like the one yer on Autocar!   Gather up the scrap iron and give yerself a bonus. Good to hear that cable didn't cause you any breakdown grief!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

thecfarm

My Father would spread manure for other people years ago.It was a wheel powered one. They would use the manure pile for a dump.  ::) Find all such of stuff in it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

I got my Bobcat tangled up in some really nasty wire that Grandpa has used for electric fence.  It's a steel cored, copper coated, a bit smaller than nine wire, springy and hard.  I had to take two tires off the machine to get all the wire cut away and was tempted to bring the cutting torches to the job.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

grassfed

I saw a disc mower hit a big piece of carpet someone had dumped in a hay field. The thing unraveled and plugged that mower so bad that it took close to a day to get it working again. Cutting electric wire out of a disc mower is pretty bad too.
Mike

Thank You Sponsors!